Tour of San Francisco (49-mile Scenic Drive)

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920T
The San Francisco Downtown Association designed the city's 49-Mile Scenic Drive to cover all of the highlights. If you've driven through San Francisco perhaps you've seen the signs directing people through the route. ...but if you've ever tried to follow it, you've probably gotten lost somewhere along the route. Me too! I've never been able to drive the whole thing.

I found a book that gives directions on how to get all the way through the route, and inputted each turn into my TomTom. I haven't tried it yet (one would have to be very motivated with San Francisco's gas prices), but I did publish it in TT Home as a two-part downloadable route (too many entries for just one route).

Comments? Corrections? Post them here.

Last edited:
Awesome! I'll be going to SF in August, I'll try this out. Thanks and what a great idea!

I found a book that gives directions on how to get all the way through the route, and inputted each turn into my TomTom. I haven't tried it yet (one would have to be very motivated with San Francisco's gas prices), but I did publish it in TT Home as a two-part downloadable route (too many entries for just one route).

Hi cputrdoc!

We?ll be next month in a road trip (California, Nevada, Utah) and we're preparing our routes to upload the into the TT (Go 920). Once in San Francisco, we'd like to ride the 49Mile Drive Scenic Route, so I'm very interested on the files you're talking about, but unfortunately I can't find them: Could you please post them in this thread, or just give me the address where I can download the routes?

Many thanks in advance for your help and best regards

TomTom Home has a section for downloading user created poi's, routes, etc. It is in the route section that cputrdoc is referring to.

There are pages and pages of stuff, much of it European in origin but there is a filter that can be applied to localize the search in that section.

Thanks dhn for your fast reply !!!

I thought it was a place somewhere on the web...
I'll try to find it this afternoon (I'm not at home right now) while I surf over the POI's and Routes?
Thanks a lot once again

Ask a Question