Tomtom's Customer Service

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
After reading a lot of negative comments regarding the TT's customer service, I would like to add my rather pleasant experience in order to give deserved credit to Tomtom. I am in San Francisco. My one year old GO 910 developed screen image problems, ghost images flutterrd constantly. Email contact brought a reply within 6 days, the subsequent phone call was fruitful, after a few suggestions such as flash memory cleanup failed, the representative gave me an RMA number with thorough shipping instructions. I have mailed the unit to Fort Worth, Texas, and am waiting for the replacement unit. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats on the new unit. I too had a pleasant experience with Phone support. I sent a Rider 1 back and it was relaced with a newer Rider 2 and all the goodies...:D

I've called TomTom a few times for various issues. Always got right thru, they were helpful and got my issue resolved.

Hard to complain. IMHO.

I have had MUCH worse customer service from various other misc. vendors

I've called Tomtom's Customer Service three times. Twice for pre-sales questions and once for a technical question. All three times I've been very satisfied with their support.

Re: TomTom service

My major complaint is that my 910 failed completely. When I called TT service, I was told that since my 910 was out of warranty, TomTom would not service it! Even if I was willing to pay. When I asked where I could find an independent service org., They said they did no of one. I searched Google and indeed could not find such an organization.

TDaMoose

Well, here is one online repair location for gps units that you can try. No endorsement, just information provided.

I realize this thread was started in 2008.. but I want to say thank you for posting the good reports too! I work in telecommunications and all too often all we hear from our clients are the bad things!...

+1 rep to all the Newbies!

Tom tom phone support can be nice but you must take as a grain of salt some of the ways they say to correct problems that you are calling about. So basically BE CAREFUL

My history with TT support by phone has always been rather good. I had a 910 to die and they replaced it immediately. Some of the forum readers will remember the problems the GO X10 units had with the quality of the mount. Support realized it and replaced mine twice.
However, neither of those were accomplished on line. I followed that process and it went no where.
I give phone support a thumbs up but email support a thumbs down.

Well have to give the email support a thumbs up. Don't remember when the problem started but most likely after a download from TomTom Home. At various times when passing the shelf where it is stored (for winter) we noted the screen was lighted up, nothing on it but a glow. Since it was bought at a Circuit City outlet, I was reluctant to put it i for repair as I thought the store might close and that I'd lose it. Finally decided enough was enough so went to the store and was assured they were "The Source" and wouldn't be closing with Circuit City stores and that I should contact TomTom about the problem. Being some what deaf I chose to use email. Within a short time I received notification that they looking after a large influx of problems and they would contact me shortly. They did two days later with a set of instructions and a link to the proper files for my XL330. It's been a week now and the unit hasn't come on by itself to date. Tonight I turned it on for the first time since and it works fine the battery still had a full charge.
I'm certainly pleased with the response, but from now on when a new application file is available in Home, it can stay there because I don't want to fix what isn't broke :D

Cheers
Willey

Can't say much. I pretty got my tomtom in unpredictable events. So I am mad at the product and service.

Telephone support feels much friendly thn email, thats all I can give.

The down points were not being able to give me an example of a Advance Lane Guidance in Australia.
I would have thought they would know at least one. But hey dont challenge me, my historic question still stands and they have not answered it whereas I was given an example by a forum user?

My experience could be better, I will shut up for now as I cooled down from unhappyness.
This forum has indeed brought me to some hope and happyness though.

Ask a Question