TomTom's aversion to left turns or...

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
I read somewhere here that TT doesn't like us to make left turns. I hadn't experienced this myself until recently when the normal way I would navigate would be to make a *U-Turn* on a divided highway turn-lane and change directions. This happened to me twice now... once in Jacksonville, FL when trying to navigate to a restaurant (Beach Road Chicken on Atlantic Blvd) and an address here in Lake Worth, FL a few days ago. When an address or POI is on the opposite side of a divided hwy, it seems that TT wants me to go past the destination and then make 3 right turns?rather than make a U-turn in a left-hand turn lane.

I wonder if this is because of traffic laws in various states? Or, quite possibly, TT isn't aware of a 'left-hand turn lane' being there? In both instances, TT was taking me quite a bit out of the way... one time almost 1 mile out of the way.

Comments?

i have experienced this quite a few times. mine seems to like to take me out of the way a bit or likes me to u turn at intersections even when you can just simply make a left turn in to it. it's quite annoying.

we live in indiana now, where u-turns are legal, but we moved from michigan, where u-turns are not allowed. we were up there visiting family and all the sudden it says make a u-turn, we're like, ummm.. no that's sort of illegal here. I think the TT wants to get me in trouble.

"computers are all about trying to murder you in a lake" anyone else know my reference here?

The quote was from The Office on NBC:
(one of my favorite shows)

The "murder you in a lake" was a reference to the GPS in his rental car sending him into a lake.

Ask a Question