TomTomHOME crashes

TomTom Model(s)
One v3
Hi

After upgrading TomTomHOME to v 2.5.2.60 I now have a problem when trying to connect my TomTom One v3 via USB to my computer.

The TomTomHOME software loads and runs OK and recognizes the GPS but after only a few seconds pops up a little box with the following message: " HOMERuntime.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have been in much contact with the support people and have reinstalled TomTomHOME a number of times with no luck - I rather think they have run out of ideas as to what to try next.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what I can try?

Cheers

John
Melbourne, Australia

See if you have Net Framework installed on your computer. (look in Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs.). If not, go here to get it. Install. Then try running Home again.

Thanks for this suggestion. I deleted my .NET Framework v2 and installed a new downloaded version 3.5 but to no avail. I still get the same error occurring.

Do you think it would be worth me doing a pin reset and if I do will I lose my 'favourites'? As I can open the TomTom as a drive when connected to my computer I rather feel that it is a PC problem not a PND one.

Cheers

John

A pin reset will NOT cause a loss of favourites. At worst, you'll have to reset the time on the unit.

Well, finally resolved the problem.

TomTomHOME kept crashing at the 'Latest Map Guarantee' screen so (don't ask me why) I uninstalled my Australia maps and then reinstalled them and that seems to have fixed things. Must have been a glitch somewhere in the map file which was causing the problem.

Anyway thanks for the help offered.

Cheers

John, Melbourne (where it is currently 90degrees F!)

Ask a Question