TomTom XXL 550-T Question

Hey guys,

I have been using an old Garmin for years and years - got a new TomTom from Santa Claus, but have an issue:

My car is very, very old and there is a problem with the fuses/cigarette lighter/everything in the car.

My basic question is this: What is the best external/usb battery I can buy so I can get the maximum hours out of my GPS? I'm looking for something so that I can go on road trips without worry. I won't be going any longer than 5 hours each way.

I've been searching online all day, and haven't really come up with anything concrete.

Thank you so much for your help -
Michael

You might want to have a look at this device - although hard wiring a 12V cable + cig outlet + fuse (available as an assembly from Radio Shack) might be easier and won't need charging all the time...

Amazon.com: New Trent Super-pack IMP500 5000mAh External Battery pack for 3G iPad, iPhone 4 4G, iPhone 3G 3GS, iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G), Motorola Droid , HTC Android Phones, Blackberry (curve, bold, tour, storm) Brand new: Electronics

The Radio Shack part gives you a hardwired input and 3 cig lighter sockets to power whatever:

Enercell 12VDC 3-Outlet Vehicle Power Adapter : Car Adapters | RadioShack.com

Ask a Question