TomTom XL itinerary planning

jdd

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I bought a TomTom XL and was told that it had itinerary planning like my Rider but I can't find it. Am I missing something?

Even with the updated application (9.150), that model does not have Itinerary Planning.

That said, if you wish to apply a custom menu to your model, then go here:
GpsPasSion Forums - [TIP] Enabling POI Alerts on TomTom Start/Ease

for information on how to do it. It'll include Itinerary Planning, I believe.

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents first.

What exactly is itinerary planning and its advantages vs how they have it for v9.150? Does it give a visual/audio warning when the intermediary point is reached? I find that my 'via' point is not announced when I arrive there using the present setup for the XL350TM, there's just a silly icon on the map, so it's hard to know when I reached my destination. Thx.

You can do two things with itinerary planning:

-multi Via points
-multi destinations

Multi via points work just like your single via point. No announcement, but the route must go through the points specified. Useful if you want to customize the route Tomtom directs you on.

Multi destinations are like an "errand list". The Tomtom will store a series of sequential destinations, and will navigate you to them on at a time, in order.

Ask a Question