TomTom XL IQ Routes 2 or TomTom Start 20?

q11

Hi guys, I was just wondering which TomTom should I buy (they are both exactly the same price on amazon.co.uk):

- TomTom XL IQ Routes 2
- TomTom Start 20

Which one is better and why? I know the Start 20 is newer, but does it have IQ Routes or IQ Routes 2 (I could only see IQ Routes mentioned in the description). Also, what actually the difference between IQR and IQR2?

Thanks for your time :)

Use this chart to help your comparisons:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/t21826-tomtom-model-feature-reference-updated-11-2-2011-a.html

When IQ routing first came out, it used historical data based upon the time of day but did not differentiate by day of the week.

An improvement (often referred to as IQ2) took into consideration the difference between weekday and weekend. So, the routing is more precise.

I think all models have this enhanced IQ routing.

I would avoid any TomTom with a "2" after it's name - these all have the "simplified" menus with lots of missing stuff.

The Start20 has the full menu and also has an SD card slot (but not yet supported in software), while the TomTom XL IQ Routes 2 has neither/

Ask a Question