TomTom World Traveler Edition (XXL 540S) now available in Canada

The spec sheet at that site is wrong when it says'no' for text-to-speech. Obviosly, it is (hence the 'S' designation).

I've played with that unit a bit and it's quite nice with the large (5") screen but be advised there is no sdhc slot for expansion beyond the internal 4 gigs.

The screen has somewhat less glare than my 720, in my opinion.

The spec sheet also states that it has the SiRF chipset. But I noticed that all the TomTom gps units their selling state that they have this chipset so thats probably wrong too I would assume. I have the regular TomTom XXL 540S with the 2gb flash memory. Is there any way to check what the chipset is without taking the thing apart?

Last edited:
Thanks. I just didn't know where the debug screen was located at. I looked on the gps and then in TomTom Home but couldn't find it anywhere so I searched google and located the files & instructions from their web site.

The gps chipset listed on my gps is: GL2 BCM4750. So its a Global Locate 2. The CPU is 266MHZ. RAM 64MB. Which should be exactly the same specs as the World Traveler edition. Except the World Traveler edition has a 4GB flash memory drive and maps of Europe.

Ask a Question