TomTom with voice recognition??

TomTom Model(s)
GO Classic & 910
Check out this video review on the first PND with voice recognition.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/video-re...e-navigator-with-voice-recognition-266273.php

Here is the quote from the last paragraph.

"Voice command and the traffic kit differentiate the 4050 from the Maestro 4040. Are they worth a $200 premium? It's hard to say. I like Magellan's new Maestro systems for sure, but others will soon have voice recognition, and only then will we know if Magellan's is better or worse. Just yesterday, TomTom's US president told me that they too were working on voice recognition, and one that would recognize street names and more. Et tu Garmin?"

Check out news on the new TT Go 720. It will have voice recognition and looks very sweet! Slim design, text to speech, voice recognition.

Check out news on the new TT Go 720. It will have voice recognition and looks very sweet! Slim design, text to speech, voice recognition.

Where did you see that? I looked at the Gizmodo article and I saw no mention of
Voice Recognition.

It looks like you can record your own voice for playback.

"? The ability to record your own voice for turn by turn instructions"

hermdog

They could be right
"The first new application on the GO 520 and 720 is speech recognition. With this new feature, users now have an alternative way of entering a destination. Tapping out the address on the touch screen is no longer necessary, from now on motorists can choose to speak the name of the city and street out loud and the GO will do the rest...

The new TomTom GO 520 and 720 also feature the possibility of recording your own voice clips, which can then be used as navigation instructions.."

The differing US and Europe press releases are confusing. The European release says that it will have speech recognition. The US press release for the 720 (it looks like there is no 520 in the US) says nothing about speech recognition.

As I've been able to understand, voice recognition inputs for addresses will not be released in the US just yet (for example, telling the unit to navigate to grandma's).
However, the custom voice will (instead of the standard voice, having your unit tell you something like "You're there dude! Open your eyes!" or having your daughter record: "We arrived, daddy!") :D

Ask a Question