tomtom with Ford Sync

I am trying to get my tomtom go910 to pair with an 08 Ford Taurus Sync system. I would like to use the car stereo speakers to hear the navigation voice from the tomtom. I have not been able to get the tomtom to find the SYNC speakers via bluetooth. I was hoping that the sync system would be seen as a hi-fi bluetooth speaker. Every time I try, the tomtom menu says no speaker found. Any ideas??

I'm not familiar with the Ford Taurus since I'm from Europe but what I know is that the BT capabilities of a HU is only for cell phones. Check your car's manual if BT is A2DP capable.

Ford claims that SYNC is A2DP compat. I have tried selecting the bluetooth hifi device on the tomtom external speaker menu, but it won't pair with the SYNC system.

Sync

I work for a ford dealership. Try going to (SYNCMYRIDE.COM) maybe you can find some answers there.Thats the customer web site for ford customers with the SYNC system.Good luck.

I don't know anything about the Ford Sync stuff so this is a shot in the dark. Is there a way to put the system in discoverable mode so the TT knows it's there to pair with?

i would have to say it would be very difficult to get it working. the sync is a microsoft OS (i fell bad for you) i dont see the sync gaining any real power in the future so i doubt you will see it work with each other. microsoft is tuff to get fixes for and other stuff

I am trying to get my tomtom go910 to pair with an 08 Ford Taurus Sync system. I would like to use the car stereo speakers to hear the navigation voice from the tomtom. I have not been able to get the tomtom to find the SYNC speakers via bluetooth. I was hoping that the sync system would be seen as a hi-fi bluetooth speaker. Every time I try, the tomtom menu says no speaker found. Any ideas??

I've had the same trouble with my TomTom 730 and my 2008 Ford Focus. Can't pair the devices.

Did you ever figure this out?

Rick

Ask a Question