TOMTOM will not connect

I sent this to 2 very reputable company's in LONDON that only repairs mobile phones and satnavs and they both said there is a very big problem with the TOMTOM site.

I had a phone call from the second company this morning and he said they have checked the unit thoughly and there are no faults and what they will do is upgrade it for me but to stay off the TOMTOM site as too many people are sending there satnavs to them with the same problem.
In order to help others, don't you think some specifics from the feed back of those companies would be in order.

Oh well....
I was hoping to ask you why it didn't work, if there were "no faults"according to the second repairer.

Hi Andy
What is happening is because my comp[uter is regognising the TOMTOM the updates can be loaded on to the satnav ok,I have done this myself on my computers (4) my computers are showing the drive plus the SD card which is what you download to but when you try to load anything from TOMTOM HOME2 to the satnav it then shows a different symbol in the toolbar as TOMTOM not connected but when you go to use the satnav it is all on there..

The second company told me to send it to them and if there wasn't a fault if I paid the postage they would not charge me for time spent so they could not be fairer than that,they have both said that when you want to connect to TOMTOM home they have a problem with there site and they need to sort it out because too many people are getting this problem and assuming the unit is faulty but they have both assured me it isn't.

Hope this helps all you guys with the same problem.
Norman

They have both said that when you want to connect to TOMTOM home they have a problem with there site and they need to sort it out because too many people are getting this problem and assuming the unit is faulty but they have both assured me it isn't.

That doesn't sound right at all.....

You say your problem is that the unit is not being recognised by Home when it is connected to the computer.
But at that point in time there is no connection being made to any of TomTom's websites or servers at all! So that can't be the reason.

I'm assuming that you have already seen the TomTom help page here:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7375/kw/home%20not%20recognising%20device
and have tried installing the "Home Images" folder?

As you can imagine I am gettuing fed up big time with this.
You are implying two companys don't know there job although they are satnav repair agents as I have said so many times they are both getting the same problems as me and that is.

Connect the devise to computer and the unit is showing in the USB connection also the TOMTOM emblem says devise is connected now bearing in mind that is on 4 of my computers plus there computer I sent them pictures of the problems I am getting with the red cross showing on the connector and they are getting the same when they do that trying to download TOMTOM HOME2 which is the correct one for the go 750 live.

All files can be downloaded on to the TOMTOM plus the SD card and the company that has had the unit back twice is TONIK UK LTD if TOMTOM after talking to customer support they wanted to charge me £105 plus postal charges for sending and returning It,if the charge had been less of a robbery I would have sent it back to them for a final answer.

I have paid £35.95 plus 3 lots of postage amounting to £48.14 so if you are saying they and the other comany is wrong in saying the satnav is working fine with no problems that would be great because then I could get my money back.

Tonik Uk Ltd returned my satnav back today loaded with all the files and it is working fine which is what I said in a previous post but when I connect to the internet I get the red cross and in the toolbar it shows another satnav emblem saying unit is not connected.

So you tell me and I can then pass your comments on to these two companys and tell them they do not know what they are doing :rant:

Without a device connected I get this:

Attachments

• TTF_Screen036.jpg
    TTF_Screen036.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 277
As per my previous post, all I can say is that (unlike the newr MyTomTom program) when you first make the connection between Home and the device, there is NO connection to TomTom's servers, so your problem as stated CANNOT be caused by TT server problems.

And as per my post previous to that, have you been here: Why is my device not properly recognised? (TomTom HOME),
then clicked on Device not recognised by HOME and done this? You've not said either way....

attachment.php

Attachments

• PrtScr capture.jpg
    PrtScr capture.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 457
Hi Andy

When I go into help TOMTOM HOME it is saying I have the latest version so there is nothing for me to download.

I appreciate all your help I may have sounded annoyed in my last post but just put it down to frustration.

As I said the computer is seing the TOMTOM fine and I can download to the SDcard and unit and it is working fine but it is still this problem of turning unit on I get do you want to connect to the computer and I say yes but then I get the dreaded red X saying not connected.

This is a real weird one and it would be great to find out what the problem is.

Thanks for your patience and time spent on this problem.

Norman

As I said the computer is seing the TOMTOM fine and I can download to the SDcard and unit and it is working fine but it is still this problem of turning unit on I get do you want to connect to the computer and I say yes but then I get the dreaded red X saying not connected.

My apologies, I thought you had said the problem was that you could connect OK to the PC but that the device was not being recognised by TT Home.

When I go into help TOMTOM HOME it is saying I have the latest version so there is nothing for me to download.
It might be worth downloading and installing those "Home Image" files anyway, but you have to do it manually, they won't be offered as an update to Home.

Otherwise you could try completely uninstalling Home using a specific uninstaller utility like the REVO Uninstaller then re-installing from scratch. That's helped with a few knotty problems in the past.

Hi ANDY
Tried all that but still the dreaded red cross.
In fact TOMTOM chat told me to format and do as you say and was able to load files manually but still got the TOMTOM not connected,the last repair place I sent it I sent it formatted and they did the same as you said but they also could not get TOMTOM HOME2 to see the devise as I said very strange.
What they said is if the TOMTOM was faulty the computer would not show it as connected and able to load files manually.

Norman

Ask a Question