TomTom Weather

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Hi,

I'm curious. Does anyone know where the weather report comes from when you select TomTom Weather?

Also, it displays the 5-day forecast on mine but does it also show current conditions? (I've seen a few screenshots of that).

TIA

I'm not sure where the weather reports come from but they are pretty ho-hum in my opinion. I mean for current conditions they have a sun or cloud icon to indicate they sky conditions along with the temperature.

What I would like to see is an overlay of a radar map along your route. That way you could see exactly where the weather is along your route. If there not able to work that out just yet, at least they should show us the current radar for the US. Maybe with an animated snapshot of how the weather is moving for the last 5 hours or so. Now that would be useful information!

Ohh? hmm...

That would be cool but I don't know how well the general public can read that lol.

There would be nothing to read. All you would have to do is look at the radar image. It would be nice to know what you were about to drive into, instead of looking at a stormy cloud icon. Here's an example of what I'm talking about. Now if this were to overlay the map data on our TomToms we would know exactly when we were about to drive into the weather.

Attachments

• radar.jpg
    radar.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 547
I'm not sure where the weather reports come from but they are pretty ho-hum in my opinion. I mean for current conditions they have a sun or cloud icon to indicate they sky conditions along with the temperature.

What I would like to see is an overlay of a radar map along your route. That way you could see exactly where the weather is along your route. If there not able to work that out just yet, at least they should show us the current radar for the US. Maybe with an animated snapshot of how the weather is moving for the last 5 hours or so. Now that would be useful information!

I second that

Ask a Question