TomTom vs Garmin

TomTom Model(s)
Go 510
Hello All,

I have a Tomtom Go 510, and i was considering buying a new device instead of buying a new map, i tried to use Garmin (Nuvi 250) but i felt its so slow and dum, i even compared an address that the sales man tried with me on his Garmin 250 wide screen and my tomtom , and we found it on the tomtom but not on the garmin, it was a proof that tomtom is better,
I never felt that tomtom failed me.

I end up getting a tomtom one 3rd edition and i love it , map share is a great tool that garmin didn't mention anything about.

Can you give me ur opinion about that as more experts in both

Thank you and best regards
Philippe

I have found that my 2 year old Garmin I2 maps are much more detailed and accurate (more roads and streets and correct street names ) than my TT v3. I prefer the TT interface. It would be great if TT when zooming the map would hold the zoom as Garmin does vs reverting to the default after a few seconds. Also it would be nice to show other roads/streets near your position(Garmin does) other than those that are perpendicular to your travel. If you save a POI that is not on a road, TT seems to store the nearest road intersection position vs your actual position. I don't understand why since the unit has the actual long/lat position that you are at. To me most of these differences are simple software fixes that would greatly enhance the TT.

I have read other threads where modifications can be made to the TT v3 that provides additional capability such as route planning, etc but I've never seen how it is done.

Ask a Question