TomTom Voices for SONY XNV-660BT

TomTom Model(s)
Sony XNV-660BT
Hi there,

I have a SONY XNV-660BT and use TomTom MyDrive
I am looking for just generic voices (no celebrities, silly ones etc) to install besides "Samantha". Can anyone direct me where to find these? You know, the ones that read street names, etc. and not the basic language ones on the TomTom site?

Thanks

I am looking for just generic voices (no celebrities, silly ones etc) to install besides "Samantha". ....You know, the ones that read street names, etc. ....

There are very few voices that read out street names (i.e. "text to speech" or "TTS" voices)
There have only ever been one or two (male and female) for each country and the ones for a particular country/continent or language are usually installed already.

For example, my GO1005 has an incredible 109 different voices installed (only a couple of which I added myself) but of those only THREE are TTS:
Serena (English Female)
Zuzana (Czech Female)
Xander (Dutch Male)

TTS voices were never made available through Home either... the files were just considered too large.

You can get them by direct download though. but I only know of links for the "Loquendo" brand ones. Later models stopped using Loquendo and I don't know which type your Sony model uses.

Check any "Licence" or "Copyright" page that appears on screen (On normal TomToms it is in the in the preferences/Version information menu pages), to see if it is mentioned.

However, having said all that, I do not know of any way to install additional TTS voices on units which use MyDrive. So I think you are going to hit a brick wall and will have to live with what you have.

Ask a Question