Tomtom virgin seeks help!

I have a tomtom One Classic (Limited Edition) UK & ROI which I intend to give to my dad. He's going on a touring holiday in Europe in August so I want to add the European map. I see that some other models have SD cards so he could just swap the UK for the european card if the One had SD facility ( I think)!
Tomtom website offers to download the european map for a fee. If I were to download this european map would he have to exchange the UK map for the european. I would obviously prefer a solution so that he can have sat nav in the UK and Europe without any changing of software. Would the One Classic have sufficient memory for another map?
PLEASE HELP!
I now can't return the unit and since this is going to be a birthday gift I don't want to have to tell him he has satnav until dover and then nothing!
Cheers

If the unit is currently using built in Flash memory but also has a vacant SD Card slot then you can purchase a 2GB SD card (no larger), copy the contents of the internal memory to the memory card then use TomTom Home to update the Navcore software on the memory card then purchase/ install a European map for the device.
With the SD Card inserted the device will boot from the memory card making the European map available, remove the memory card any you will be back to the old UK&ROI map with the older Navcore software - Mike

Ask a Question