TomTom Via160 phone connection problem

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 160
I just bought a TomTom Via160. I am using it in the car as my GPS and connected it to my mobile to use hands-free.

I first connected it to the phone (Huawei G6600) - it found it and connected with no troubles. I made a call through the TomTom, received a call - both worked fine. Turned the TomTom off and removed from the car for security.

Then the next day, I turned it back on, and tried to make a call as I did the previous day - and I get a 'phone not connected' message.

The bluetooth is working on both the TomTom and phone, the phone has the TomTom listed as a device, and the TomTom has my phone still listed. Nothing has been changed.

I tried deleting the TomTom from my phone, and deleted the phone from the TomTom - then re-connected as I had done the previous day. The GPS was then able to make a call again - no troubles. Halfway through the day, I was out of the car for about 40 mins, came back started driving, and tried to make a call - then I get the same message 'phone not connected'.

Surely I don't have to reconnect the phone manually, every time this happens??
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Ask a Question