TomTom Via 1065M RV

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1605M RV / XL335M
I am a long time TomTom user and just recently bought my first Recreational Vehicle specific TomTom. So far, it's spectacular!

I know that on my old TomTom XL335 you could access the map data build/data specifics etc by hitting the lower left corner of the device.

How would I do this on this new 1065M RV Model?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wood

You mean the 1605 RV model?

Settings-->left arrow-->Me and my Device-->About my Device.

You are welcome. You know you need MyTomtom (get it at tomtom.com/getstarted) with the 1605. Not home 2.

And don't use the same email address for the 1605 than you used for your previous model.

Yep, I am using the web interface and have a different email addy. Thanks!!

I'm still trying how to get some nice voices onto this 1605. I miss Simon from my old TomTom.

Any problem moving voices, or have you already discovered "Add community content"?

Yes, I noted later in the other thread that dhn pointed to the app that moves content from the older devices to the newer ones.

As time goes by, it will be interesting to see what you think of the "RV" extension to these units. Keep us posted.

I'll make sure to let you guys know how the RV version works!

I tried the Garmin but was so underwhelmed by the interface, etc. It's because I didn't know that there was a TomTom RV specific GPS unit that I even ordered the Garmin. The minute I found out that TomTom had an RV version, I was so happy!

The key, of course, is in the quality of the embedded map data (that the rest of us don't have) that provides info to create your 'exclusions' for routing. Once you've entered your physical data, it will be interesting to see what you think of what routes are avoided.

Well, putting in my neighbors address and then putting in my address as the destination, it routes you around in a big square with left hand turns the entire way, so that's a plus right out of the box!

I'll be sure to update this thread as I utilize the unit w/ and without the trailer.

Ask a Question