tomtom traffic subscription

pep

Anyway to renew other then by the month. Any 6 month membership? Thanks

model 740 tm Wanted to renew the live traffic

Last edited:
What kind of traffic? LIVE or rds-tmc?

It's helpful to show the model of unit you have in your sig line so that questions can be properly addressed.

The Tomtom LIVE renewal process has tons of bugs. Often, something breaks on their servers and you have to call Tomtom to fix it.

If you like LIVE services, renew them for as long as you can so that there's less renewals for Tomtom to screw up.

I think there's 3, 6, and 12 month options.

Also, subscribe to something that doesn't automatically renew. My recent experience is that their cancellation process also has bugs. I had to call twice to cancel, and ended up getting charged for another month.

For monthly subscriptions, you are charged a month in advance. So if your renewal date is the 1st of the month, you'll be charged for November services on October 1.

According to support, if you cancel, the cancellation will be effective 30 days from the date of your call, regardless of when you've paid through. So in the above example, if you pay for November on October 1, and call to cancel on October 2, your service will stop working on November 1 (30 days after October 2), even though you've already paid through November. So apparently if you want to cancel, yet get what you've already paid for, there is only one day on which you should call.

Also, subscribe to something that doesn't automatically renew. My recent experience is that their cancellation process also has bugs. I had to call twice to cancel, and ended up getting charged for another month.

My understanding is that only the 1-month subscription auto-renews. The 3-month and longer subscriptions don't auto-renew.

Ask a Question