TomTom Traffic: RDS-TMC vs. Bluetooth Traffic.

I've used TomTom Traffic through my Bluetooth Phone, and I've found that it's traffic information isn't the best. My free subscription is about to expire, and I'm wondering is RDS-TMC any better? about the same or worse?

I've used TomTom Traffic through my Bluetooth Phone, and I've found that it's traffic information isn't the best. My free subscription is about to expire, and I'm wondering is RDS-TMC any better? about the same or worse?
I have read from others that it's no help at all, and not worth a subscription fee

I see just the opposite.

I drive from Tustin to Culver City in Southern California. TT's traffic seems to be accurate and shows close to true delay and travel times but TMC is always off and almost never give you any delay information. Other then connecting my TT to my phone I'd use TT traffic all the time.

Now when TT brings their new GPS with built-in a built in GPRS radio that could be interesting. Although by then Dash Express may be a better solution.

I been trying to use the cable since I was unable to link with my BB8800. I live in NYC and it's useless. Hardly ever see any traffic reports on my TT even though I'm sitting some where in traffic for 30 minutes. I think It's useless. TT says it's the providers fault. I'm told here in the US the the TMC traffic is run by Clearchannel.

Beta is over

Just a heads up - my beta period expired (again), and much like I've done for the past year, I called TomTom and asked for the Traffic service on my Plus account to be reset. Instead, I found out that they're actually and finally charging for it. It's about $55 USD a year and you order it via Home.

Just a heads up - my beta period expired (again), and much like I've done for the past year, I called TomTom and asked for the Traffic service on my Plus account to be reset. Instead, I found out that they're actually and finally charging for it. It's about $55 USD a year and you order it via Home.
Others have said it's not worth the money. Are you going to spring for it?

I had been using TT traffic over my GSM phone for 3 months, when my trial expired.

Just now, I got off the phone with TT and they gave me another 3 months free. I was not able to renew my subscription via the web, or TT home. The software and site were only giving me the options for Europe, and that prompted my call.

I was fully expecting to pay for it, so this was a nice surprise. Others my want to ring TT and see if they can get the same deal as I did.

As for the functionality of the traffic, I find it's fairly accurate in the Philadelphia metro area. For me, it's worth paying even though I have traffic via AM and Sirius.

I had been using TT traffic over my GSM phone for 3 months, when my trial expired.

Just now, I got off the phone with TT and they gave me another 3 months free. I was not able to renew my subscription via the web, or TT home. The software and site were only giving me the options for Europe, and that prompted my call.

I was fully expecting to pay for it, so this was a nice surprise. Others my want to ring TT and see if they can get the same deal as I did.

As for the functionality of the traffic, I find it's fairly accurate in the Philadelphia metro area. For me, it's worth paying even though I have traffic via AM and Sirius.
How are you doin' in Conshy?!!?!?! I grew up in Norristown!

Traffic is global, therefore a purchase of the Euro version works in the US.

Heh, I like it here! It's a shame that home prices are so expensive though, makes shopping somewhat frustrating.

Norristown eh? I can tell you that the roads are as bad as ever!
Nice! Yeah, I thought the roads stunk when I lived there. Housing prices are outrageous here too!

Ask a Question