TomTom team up with Google Map!

i always get that error as well, i've hit the little report button a million times and it doesn't care. but i do the similar thing and just let it show me the map and then i POI it.

And yeah, it only works on business addresses. you can do routes straight through it yet. you can use the one thing that's in some posts around here, when you put in the full google address of the route you made, and it makes an itinerary out of it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one....I wonder if we did something wrong?

joey

It works here in Australia but there's a space for adding "Comments" or "Information" along with phone number I think. I've typed info in there but don't know where to retrieve it. Any ideas?

Here is a free program called TYRE. I use it to plan trips on Google Maps and download to my Tomtom. Works with Google Maps or Google Earth.
Mike

Tyre

TomTom Home crashes when I try to link with Google maps

Everything works fine until I try to send the map location to my TomTom via HOME. I get a Microsoft error and the application crashes.

Everything works fine until I try to send the map location to my TomTom via HOME. I get a Microsoft error and the application crashes.

Close HOME, go to the %appdata% folder, and delete the Tomtom subfolder. Then reopen HOME (you'll need to retype your user/pass). Now see if Google works.

If it doesn't work, try downloding and installing MS dotnet from here.

If that doesn't work, remove and reinstall HOME.

Can anyone kindly let me know if this feature works with TT for iPhone? Thanks in advance.

Tyre doesn't work with the iPhone app and neither does TomTom Home, what are you wanting from the iPhone TT app? - Mike

Tyre doesn't work with the iPhone app and neither does TomTom Home, what are you wanting from the iPhone TT app? - Mike

Hi. Thanks for your kind reply. I was simply hoping to be able to work on my large screen Google Maps running iMac to create many pinned locations for the new city I'm settling down in and then move them to the TT iPhone in bulk and with ease. I thought this Send to GPS option in Google Maps might give me what I need.

I was simply hoping to be able to work on my large screen Google Maps running iMac to create many pinned locations for the new city I'm settling down in and then move them to the TT iPhone in bulk and with ease.
What you could do is use Google Earth to create a list of the locations you want to save, run it through POIEdit to convert the format to ov2 data which the TomTom product range understand then transfer the resultant file to the iPhone app using DiskAid/ PhoneAid. Within the app you would then use the Navigate To/ Point Of Interest, select your custom POI from the list followed by the location within the POI Category - Mike

Hi. Thanks for your kind reply. I was simply hoping to be able to work on my large screen Google Maps running iMac to create many pinned locations for the new city I'm settling down in and then move them to the TT iPhone in bulk and with ease. I thought this Send to GPS option in Google Maps might give me what I need.

Send to GPS works with Garmin devices, even over the air for those devices that offer it. For Tomtom it's a little different process as others have mentioned.

Could be because the post regarding that event was back from 12-05-2007 ? :rolleyes:

Ask a Question