TomTom team up with Google Map!

I used the Google/TomTom link today.

Worked fine for me.

Was easier then plugging away at the TomTom to get the address...

But I do wish it let me do more (Ie, home addresses)

Using the google connection to set favorites is great. Setting an itin. is ok, but I find it a waste of time if tomtom is going to use its own route. Won't it be great if the tt's ever figure out how to let us decide the route, and just accept the google plan.

T

Using the google connection to set favorites is great. Setting an itin. is ok, but I find it a waste of time if tomtom is going to use its own route. Won't it be great if the tt's ever figure out how to let us decide the route, and just accept the google plan.

T

I think that if you set up an Itinerary with enough points (destinations) at or just after crucial intersections the TT might actually follow it pretty well.

From the route that the TT computed after I googled a route from Seattle to Lee Vining, Ca, it does a pretty good job. Now, when I actually drive that route, I will expect the TT to do some, hopefully, only modest fixes as I actually drive along.

Has anyone gotten the Google Maps to work with Tomtom Home 1.5? I have tried it several times, and the most I get is an error. It looks like it would work with 2.1, but 2.1 will not work with GPS Navigator 6(SD card) at this point, so that isn't a workable option for me.

So, what we need is for Tomtom to stop screwing around and update Tomtom Home 2.1 work with our SD cards, rather than waiting for Navigator 7 to be released before updating Home to work with SD cards.

Last edited:
Goggle Maps with Mac OS X 10-5?

I cant seem to get the map export to GPS to work with my Mac. Anyone had any luck with this?

Tomtom and Google Maps

I went to Google Maps today and tried this and it works great. HOWEVER,
It only seems to work for 1 location, and not as a POI.

Wouldn't it be much nicer if I could type at google maps:

"SunTrust Bank, Atlanta, GA"

When I do that, Google maps shows me all the SunTrusts in Atlanta GA!!!

Sweet! Now, Click SEND, choose GPS, TomTom ONE opens, and only sends the first listing... :( BOO!!!! I WANT THEM ALL!!!!

Can you say instant POI Catagory? Why can't I do this????

Has anyone gotten the Google Maps to work with Tomtom Home 1.5? I have tried it several times, and the most I get is an error. It looks like it would work with 2.1, but 2.1 will not work with GPS Navigator 6(SD card) at this point, so that isn't a workable option for me.

So, what we need is for Tomtom to stop screwing around and update Tomtom Home 2.1 work with our SD cards, rather than waiting for Navigator 7 to be released before updating Home to work with SD cards.

Until I updated to Home 2 I never could get this Google option to work. After I did it worked well. I have no idea what was the difference with 1 that kept it from functioning.

Until I updated to Home 2 I never could get this Google option to work. After I did it worked well. I have no idea what was the difference with 1 that kept it from functioning.

Since Home 2 doesn't support Navigator 6 for PDAs yet, I guess I am stuck waiting before I can use this feature.

As far as WHY it doesn't work, I am guessing that the version 2 uses the whole "map share" connection in Home to do the updates, and version 1.5 not having that is the problem. That is why I am so annoyed that Tomtom doesn't just update Home 2 to work on Navigator 6 devices.

why the error message?

Mine works ok, but not on the first try. WHen I transfer from Google, the first thing I see on Home is an error message. However, if I use the back button on Home, it accepts the map. Rather than save it there as a favorite, I ask to see the map location, which is the first option. From there, I can save it as a POI. Why am I getting the error message on Home, is anyone else getting that?
joey

Mine works ok, but not on the first try. WHen I transfer from Google, the first thing I see on Home is an error message. However, if I use the back button on Home, it accepts the map. Rather than save it there as a favorite, I ask to see the map location, which is the first option. From there, I can save it as a POI. Why am I getting the error message on Home, is anyone else getting that?
joey
Are you now able to pull the whole map over or just a point on the map? This functionality is "supposed" to allow you to map and adjust a route in google maps and port it over to the gps. Points seem to work but pulling the whole map over has been a no-go for the rest of us.

Are you now able to pull the whole map over or just a point on the map? This functionality is "supposed" to allow you to map and adjust a route in google maps and port it over to the gps. Points seem to work but pulling the whole map over has been a no-go for the rest of us.

I am only pulling over one business at a time, but I am getting the error message that I described.
Joey

The send to GPS feature only works with addresses for look-up businesses. It does not work with addresses entered directly.
yeah, I know, sure not the way they made it sound. if this is the case you can just key the address directly into the unit.

Is Google maps comaptible with iPAQ rx5910 ??

Has anybody successfully managed to copy locations from Google maps over TT Home to iPAQ 5910/5915 ??

I have iPAQ rx5910 and am still having problem with this transfer.

I asked Tomtom support about the whole issue with Tomtom Home 1.5(and 1.6), and was informed that there are no plans to support the Google Maps integration with these older versions of Tomtom Home.

The same rep has also implied that we may not see Navigator 7 for PDA(which I challenged him on). I used the term NavCore, so maybe he didn't understand that I was talking about application version 7. I am going to be very upset if the PDA platforms have been abandoned by Tomtom(since I only got mine in December).

joey
i always get that error as well, i've hit the little report button a million times and it doesn't care. but i do the similar thing and just let it show me the map and then i POI it.

And yeah, it only works on business addresses. you can do routes straight through it yet. you can use the one thing that's in some posts around here, when you put in the full google address of the route you made, and it makes an itinerary out of it.

Ask a Question