TomTom team up with Google Map!

it just for address, not for route planning. But somehow I can feel the route planning is coming... :D

really guys? I am from Alberta canada. E.g. I type Best Buy Edmonton, select the location I want, than click send on top right corner. It gave me the options of email or GPS. Click send and TomTom Home will open up. I tried and it works however it report an error but I still got it sent to my GO 720.

It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It all seems to depend on how you look up the location.

If you lookup using the name, i.e., Best Buy, it seems to work but if you lookup using the address it does not. This looks like something that google needs to fix.

You are right, but what I read is only business name is supported at the moment.... so I already send them a request too.

it does not seem to like the old version of home (1.5). It offers that as an option, but then generates an error message. Has anyone gotten ti to work in 1.5 ?

Yeah you guys are right about it only working typing the business name.

If I type in best buy and my postal code, it brings me a list. I then click on Send and now I have a choice to which best buy I can select and then I can send it to my GPS.

If I type in the actual address of the best buy the send option doesn't have the GPS.

it does not seem to like the old version of home (1.5). It offers that as an option, but then generates an error message. Has anyone gotten ti to work in 1.5 ?

I got the error using Home 2.1, however it still sent to the 720 but I ll try it on my Mac tonight.

I got the error using Home 2.1, however it still sent to the 720 but I ll try it on my Mac tonight.

On my Mac when I try doing this with Google Maps I get the following error
"You have clicked an 'Add to TomTom' button. Unfortunately, TomTom HOME cannot add the item to your TomTom device because there is something wrong with the button."

This is using TomTom Home version 1.6 Build 020 (May 15 2007 15:20:37) for OSX and Safari 3.0.4 as well as Firefox 2.0.0.11. This happens with TomTom already running or not running.

I can't get it to work with Navigator6. Is it supported on the Pocket PC platform?

I get an error out of Google about a button not functioning after I click the GPS link.

Pretty cool feature of Google Maps. It is such a simple thing yet smart on Google Maps and TomTom's part; one product plays off of the other and vice versa. They should make this more known to people shopping for GPS units. I wouldn't have known about it had it not been for this forum.

Ask a Question