TomTom takes a-g-e-s to find GPS satellites

Mine seems to be working ok for the time being, Although I did talk to Tom Tom Support, the nice young lady did tell me that the quick gpsfix is a weekly download not a daily, so I will wait until the end of this week and if it doesn't pick up the new version on its own I will be calling support again.

I don't know if I agree with that lady, I usually connect to TT a couple times a week and I'm always getting GPS Quick fixes??? Also tonite when I connected I got a new TT Home Version 2.7? so I'd suggest doing it a couple times a week just to keep it running ssssssssmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooth.....:D

Yes, my home updated last week, and I thought I was getting a GPSFix more than once a week, but days have been going so quickly as of late, I have been losing track of time.

Just an update, so far support has had me uninstall home, the application on the tom tom and reset the unit to factory settings.
Resetting which was done yesterday, has seemed to help, but I still have not gotten an up date on the quickfix.
It has been noted on my file with support if this didn't resolve the problem, my next call will result in a RA back to the factory.
I will give it a couple of days and see what happens, but I am not overly enthused about what I suspect the results are going to be.

Have gotten new GPS quick fix downloads both Monday & Tuesday, so it seems, for now, mine is back in the pink.
Will be taking a 30 min drive this evening, we will see how it goes.

Ask a Question