TomTom Start - am I being dim?

I've just bought a TomTom Start Europe to replace my TomTom One which got stolen. It's about the same price but seems to fall short on a couple of points:
1. I can't set it to send me the shortest route/a route without motorways/ a walking route etc. It simply selects a route for me. But sometimes I want to go the shortest route, for example - especialy in cities. Is it possible with the Start?
2. When I try to enter in a new favourite, I used to be able to do so by doing so from my current location - useful if you've arrived in a place that was difficult to find and for which you didn't have an exact address or postcode. Is it still possible to do this?

If it's not possible to do either of these things, are there any software updates planned to make it possible? It's really annoying not having these options!

roger corke

Roger,

In answer to your first question, the Start ONLY considers the 'fastest' method for figuring a route although it WILL warn you if that route includes toll roads. I doubt very much that an application update will change that.

I honestly forget if you should be able to select 'current position' as a favourite. Is there a 'manage favourites' icon?

Do remember that the Start is meant as the lowest of low end models with very little in the way of user options.

Ask a Question