Tomtom Slow & HD traffic

CAW

I am running the TomTom application on an iPhone 4 having recently upgraded from Navigator 3 which I bought many years ago and is only now not working because the ipaq finally died.

In comparison to very old ipaq I was expecting the software to run much faster - Navigating the menus takes what seems like a day and an age. I can not image for one moment that the problem is a hardware issue but more likely that a decision has been made to make the menus work at what can only be described as a glacial pace especially in comparison to what is otherwise a far outdated product on far worse hardware.

On reflection, Im not entirely sure that TomTom are prioritising the iPhone App market. The software is tediously slow as mentioned above and they allow users to make in app purchases such as HD traffic, but then are unable to let you use your purchase as they have no record of it. It has taken 5 emails and 4 phone calls to get HD traffic to work on my account. Very disappointing.

Finally, as it turns out that contacting TomTom is necessary when making any purchases, the website runs flash. Really helpful for iPhone users.

These issues are really quite fundamental issues and I am surprised that for a company that otherwise produces what i regard and recommend as the best sat nav, has not addressed these issues more quickly. I would have hoped that I am not alone in wanting an app that runs on an Apple device to the same standard as other Apple apps.

Ask a Question