TomTom rider2 wire to battery

Hello,Just got TomTom Rider2 ,but how do i wire it to bike Battery on my motorbike?
it comes with a wire, but i could not find any info on connecting it.:eek:
If any one could advise me of a how to, i have a Honda CBF600f 2008.

or maybe there is a how to online that i cd not find.
Thanks for helping:D

Cant i just connect the live wire to an existing line, like splice it into the Number plate light ?????
will that cause an extra drain on the battery??
i was thinking of using a quick connector.that just splices the new tomtomwire into the rear number plate light which is switched off when ignition is off ??

thanks for any help you can give me.
thanks

Sure you can, but then you've got no fuse to the TomTom system only (I think use a 7.5 amp fuse on mine). Personally, I wouldn't do it the Rider is too much cash to shortcut like that. The license plate light is probably on a much higher circuit because it probably runs with driving, head and tail lights.

If you want to do something like that, you might just want to buy and inline fuse and go directly to the battery. You don't really need to be on a curcuit that is switched if you remove the device each time you stop.

Last edited:

Ask a Question