TOMTOM RIDER in-car kit

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by raafter, May 2, 2010.

1. raafter

raafter

TomTom Model(s):
    GO300 & Rider II
    So I ordered the TT2 in-car kit with the speaker built in.

I ordered it from Europe because they are completely unavailable in North America.

I set it up (by that I mean plugged in the cigarette light adapter to the in-car kit & slipped my TT2 onto it.

Nothing.....it's getting power because the TT is charging BUT there is a message saying Bluetooth must be set up for sound to work.

Any Ideas what I'm missing? Isn't that why I wanted the in-car kit with built in speaker so I WOULDN'T need to use the bluetooth???
    :confused::(:mad::(:confused:
    The in-car kit with speaker didn't come with ANY instructions.... I loathe to call TT client support

raafter, May 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. raafter

mikealder Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    720, 930, 940, XL, One 3rd
    The TT Rider mount will use Bluetooth for the audio signals from the device, just set up the Bluetooth connection for it to work - Mike

mikealder, May 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. raafter

raafter

TomTom Model(s):
    GO300 & Rider II
    Thanks Mike, I figured it had to be something simple, I wish there were some instructions in the box...

raafter, May 2, 2010
  4. raafter

raafter

TomTom Model(s):
    GO300 & Rider II
    I still must be missing something, I'm usually pretty good at technical stuff. I tried enabled bluetooth, tried to connect a "headset" as I would with the cardo - no luck. then I thought I'd try the mobil phone bluetooth connection & of course that didn't fly either.

can't seem to get this one.

raafter, May 3, 2010
  5. raafter

alfadave

TomTom Model(s):
    tom tom one and rider 2
    my rider 2 does the same ..........no noise from the speaker just says bluetooth connection ,used to get sound out of car mount but not lately ........whats my problem???????

alfadave, May 23, 2010
  6. raafter

Ged47

TomTom Model(s):
    Rider 2
    Hi
    Dont no if this will help or not, 1st Car Moumt must be Powered from Cig Lighter .

2nd thing as i found out after a long while, Check your Rider to make sure its a Tomtom Rider 2, There some out there will call them v 1.5 for sopme sort of discripion, As they have a Tomtom Rider 2 Case BUT the internals are a Tomtom Rider 1 which is unable to use the Rider 2 Car Adapter, So check Number on Back of unit Below Bar Code see if its a K1 or K2. mAY HELP.

Ged47, Jul 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question