TOMTOM RIDER 2 & Unpaved Roads

TomTom Model(s)
GO300 & Rider II
My brother & I both have a TOMTOM Rider 2, we purchased them within 30 days of each other from the same location. I am running version 7.903 - My brother is going to send me his version just to be sure we're comparing everything exactly the same.

When I plan a route I have the option to "Avoid Unpaved Roads" when I set a route & my brother doesn't. I have tested both Shortest & fastest & I'm not 100% sure I only get teh option to avoid on "shortest route" or not.

I have also gone the every preference setting I can find to see if it is a preference I set & can't find anywhere to set the unpaved road avoidance.

Any thoughts?

So I tried that & planning preferences only gives me the type of road I want to travel on fastest, shortest etc & how if I want to always plan that type or if I want to choose each time I plan a route and it asks about closing the route summary after 10 seconds. No other options there:confused:

I don't have anything to back this up, but maybe it has to do with how old your map is.
Just thinking out loud.
Kev

The choices for what do do on unpaved roads IS on my 720 which has been stuck with application 8.351 for forever and a day. It's part of planning preferences.

Unless you live in an area that doesnt have any paved roads.....the Rider will rarely choose unpaved roads over paved.

With my current OS and map, there is only the very rare occassion it decides to include an upaved road when navigating. There is no option to avoid unpaved roads.

Cheers!

Ask a Question