tomtom rider 2 no sd card and can't sort out on home

I have a refurbished Rider 2 which came without an sd card and when connected to home it doesn't update [times out]
There doesn't sseem to be anything on sat nav, and I was on tomtom website to purchase a sd card with western europe maps etc hoping this wil sort me out and lo and behold they will sell me the map but to download only, I don't trust myself with this as me and computers don't seem to work at te moment,
does any of the other tomtom products western europe sd cards fit the rider 2 please,
I had a tom tom go and the sd card swapped over to my rider 1 no problem ,, help please.

Not in North America but in Europe TT was (is?) selling various maps on a sd card. These are locked to the card rather than to the device when maps are downloaded/installed using Home.

Therefore, maps sold this way should work in any device with a card slot.

Hi bsogri

You best option would be to contact the customer care department. They will advise you on the best option for purchase. If you have bought from say ebay etc, you will not have any warranty with TomTom etc.

First thing you need to do is create an account for the device. (you need a valid email address) Once you have this..have you computer to hand, your TomTom, and a 2GB SD card. Call us we will advise what to do next :)

This is a good link for advise on purchasing etc

TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product

If you want phone numbers please go here: TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product choose you country etc.

If you have a Rider one...try and return it ;)

Vorlon.

i had the same problem:(
bought off ebay and the map didnt work,sent it off and they kept the sd card and the map:eek:i had to buy an sd card and download the map,but the map and applications didnt fit on the 2 gb sd card for some reason,so i deleted all on the sd card and dowloaded the map,it now works but i cant set my preferences or get the bluetooth to work either with the headset,so i have half a sat nav:(and i did not back anything up so im unsure what to do

Ask a Question