tomtom online store not working

i've been trying to purchase the mapset for western europe -- tomtom home keeps timing out

when i go online and look at maps it says their website is under maintenance.

i called and tech support said they are working on it -- (yeah right)

i need these before my trip next week to europe

how can i get them?

thanks

Mark

well -- that sucks

i've been trying for 3 day's now with no luck.

i guess i could return my 720 and buy the 910 for my trip -- then return the 910 -- but that is a lot of effort!

can these maps be downloaded anywhere else on the net?

thanks

Mark

the 910 has the western europe maps loaded on it already

the 720 does not

i really liked the 720 better -- however i'm rethinking and maybe i should just get a 910

Yeah, I hear ya.

TT should get their act together regarding the online store.

If you like the 720, you should stick with it and just hope the online store is up before you go on your trip.

when i called them the third time on friday - he said normally when they do server updates they are back online sunday evening

so we'll see

I've just got off the phone to them (about my problem in another thread) and they suggested redownloading tomtom home from their website, which should be back online within 2 hours!
"Although we can make no promises, as it's just what the IT guys have told us"

its been up for a few minutes -- then goes down

i actually got to the portion where i keyed in my address information -- then it errors out

well i gave up with the US version - i took a chance -- switched to the UK version -- created a new account and voila! downloaded western and central europe!!! i'm surprised it took my CC

i've got it installed and i'm ready to go on my trip now

silly tomtom

Mark

Ask a Question