TomTom One XL and EVO 4g

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-S
I recently got an EVO 4G and want to pair it to my TomTom One XL. The TT finds the EVO and asks if I want to connect. When I try to connect it I keep getting "REQUIRED FEATURES COULD NOT BE FOUND FOR THIS PHONE" error.

I understand that my TomTom is an older unit, but I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of the Evo data connection. Is there any way I can pair these two phones? Maybe a firmware update

Beuller? Beuller?

The ONE XL requires Bluetooth DUN, an older data transfer profile.

I'm not aware of any Android phones that support Bluetooth DUN, although some 3rd party developers like PDAnet were reportedly attempting a hack.

Also, tethering is supposed to be disabled for all new/changed Sprint accounts, so that would block the Tomtom even if you had the right phone software.

Tomtom has abandoned development on their Bluetooth PLUS data technology, in favor of building cellular modems directly into their new LIVE units. So I don't expect any firmware patches for the ONE XL.

Thanks for the reply MVL. I already had PDAnet app on the phone so I gave it a try.

I was able to get it to pair and connect. But I had to set up the connection manually. I didn't have all the info that I needed for that so I had to postpone the rest of the setup.

Here's what I've done so far.

I turned on my bluetooth and made it discoverable. Then had the TomTom find my device. Once it found it, I then started the PDAnet app and selected "Enable Bluetooth Dun" and told the TomTom to connect to my phone. After that, I had to select "Other" as my phone and "Other" for my carrier. Then came the questions for info that I didn't have handy.

I'll mess with it more tomorrow, but at least there is a glimmer of hope!

Ask a Question