TomTom One vent mount

All of a sudden, Im not sure about the vent mount. Some vents tend to move a lot. This is where I question the vent mount. I assume the ONE will also tend to move because of this. Anyone with the vent mount want to clarify?

yup. shipping is 10 and then they add tax.

Subtotal: $34.95
Sales Tax: $2.81
Shipping: $10.00
TOTAL $47.76

might as well get it from that guy in the UK. someone get pics up! :)

Sorry for the delay in posting this update.

I received the mounting kit Saturday from the ebay auction ($37 delivered) which is very fast shipping considering it's coming from over seas. The guy has great communication and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him in the future (see previous post for ebay seller id).

The kit does indeed come with the 6th piece that fits the TomTom One and I easily slid/snnapped the bracket on to my TomTom. Do note though that the weight of the TomTom on my vent causes the vent to point downward and in turn my TomTom display will be pointing at a downward angle that I do not prefer. This is easily fixed on my vent by placing a coin inbetween my vent and vent casing so that the vent remains horizontal. So this does work but I haven't used my TomTom a lot since getting the device so I can't comment on if the vent adapter will stay in place as you remove and remount the TomTom on a daily basis. Sidebar: I also like the other mounting optioons that come with this kit so I'm happy with this purchase.

I took some pics with my camera phone so the quality won't be great (understatement) but here they go:

TomTom vent adapter:

Back of TomTom with bracket attached:

Back of TomTom with bracket attached to vent adapter:

TomTom mounted in car:

how big of a vent do you think that thing can clip to, ky70?

think it'll clip on the vent here...?

0307+Acura_Rsx_Acura_RSX_Type_S+Driver_Side_Interior_View.jpg

Hey ky70, do you find vent mount is very sturdy? I mean does it rattle up and down as your driving or slide side to side on the vent?

I'm really looking for an alternative mount that isn't a type of sunction cup.

how big of a vent do you think that thing can clip to, ky70?

think it'll clip on the vent here...?

0307+Acura_Rsx_Acura_RSX_Type_S+Driver_Side_Interior_View.jpg

I do not believe this device would clip on to your vents as the mount needs to clip on horizontally for viewing purposes.

Hey ky70, do you find vent mount is very sturdy? I mean does it rattle up and down as your driving or slide side to side on the vent?

I'm really looking for an alternative mount that isn't a type of sunction cup.

If you clip it on there right the unit will not move off of the vent, but as I mentioned the weight of the tomtom causes my vent to point downward and I magine that could potentially bounce up and down if I did not stabalize it with a coin. Also, I think the vent mount may pop off from time to time if you take it on/off daily...but I only spent 5 minutes (and in a hurry at that) toying with mounting the adapter on the vent so there is the possibility that I could've gotten a more permanent/sturdy connection to the vent if I spent more time on it.

Pictures of my Velcro attached TT1

Velcro on TomTom One:
74011468.jpg

Velcro on dash:
74011465.jpg

Attached TT1:
74011467.jpg

I must say that it is more secured than the suction mount.

After using the Velcro method for a few weeks, I really like it. It is cheap to do and very convenient. I highly recommend you try it!

I do not believe this device would clip on to your vents as the mount needs to clip on horizontally for viewing purposes.

oh, it rotates :) my only concern was if the clip could clip on to something as thick as my vent. :)

Ask a Question