TomTom One vent mount

Alex is right. I mention the 6 piece in another post.

alt_mountk_inthebox.jpg

I got exactly this kit today. Ordered it of the TT webpage for 19 Pounds.
I'm using it with my One New Edition in the vent of my Golf III. Works great. A lot better than the windshield mounting.

Glad to hear you received it Jorg.
The US peeps need to wait until TT releases it here or if ebay suppliers will ship the kit here.

jorg,

glad you got yours. so its defenitely available in Europe but not in States yet. all the ebay suppliers that i emailed to, replied with same thing "it will not work with New version" so outside of tomtom nobody has these yet.

how much would shipping to US be for this?

Alex

Alex is right. I mention the 6 piece in another post.

alt_mountk_inthebox.jpg

Acutally FYI, I just got my package from the UK ebay guy and he IS shipping the kits with the extra 6th peice (even though the picture in the auction still shows the 5 piece version). I recieved 1 ea. of items 1, 2, 3, & 4, and 2 ea. of items 5 & 6.

Didn't come with any written instructions, but it's fairly self-explanatory.

I now have a nice vent mount for my ONE ..... and I didn't have to wait for TT USA to finally decide to carry all the accessories .... :D It was $25 + $12 airmail shipping and I got mine in about 5 days. (UK to New England via Royal Airmail).

http://cgi.ebay.com/TomTom-Alternat...ryZ75447QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

any mounting photos here?

still no sign of tomtom USA selling this mount kit?

That link took me to the United Kingdom TT home page. When I switched to US, it's not yet available. Dang! :)

It takes me to the US site. Here's what it says:

Mounts, Holders & Docks - Alternative Mount Kit -

Compatibility

TomTom
TomTom ONE US/Canada

TomTom
GO, GO 300, GO 700 $34.95 Buy Now!

In the box:
1) Air-vent mount
2) Swivel mount
3) Gooseneck mount
4) Adhesive plate
5) Alternative mount plate
6) TomTom ONE Mount Plate.

Go to the US site and click 'accessories', then choose the 'mounts, holders and docks' category. It's the fifth item in the list.

flamanar

Hey, not a problem. I'll be checking it out myself...once I receive my One! It's not supposed to get here until Monday. Hoping it's going to be a lot more accurate than the MIO I returned a couple months back ;)

flamanar

so after debating of whether to order vent mount or use Velcro method, i decided to try Velcro.

thanks to PS for TT for his idea this is what the setup looks like:

Tape on the console

tt1_1.jpg

Back of the Tomtom

tt1_2.jpg

attached to the console of the car

tt1_3.jpg

closeup in action

tt1_4.jpg

Thanks PS for TT, total was $2.99

Alex

Nice Alex! I love seeing the creative ideas people have in how to mount their TT. I just ordered a mount disk from mountguys.com for $5. I'll report back on it when it arrives. It sticks to the dashboard and claims your windscreen mount just mounts right to it like it would the windscreen. We'll see!

Nice work Alex. Looks simple enough to do.

Fanchee, I noticed that the ONE mount doesn't stay stuck to my dashboard disk I use for my 910. It just pops out in a matter of minutes!
It still well to the windshield.
Strange.....

Nice Alex! I love seeing the creative ideas people have in how to mount their TT. I just ordered a mount disk from mountguys.com for $5. I'll report back on it when it arrives. It sticks to the dashboard and claims your windscreen mount just mounts right to it like it would the windscreen. We'll see!

oh nice - let us know how that goes

I see they also make this vent mount for the ONE:

http://www.mountguys.com/TomTom_One_Vent_Windshield_Dash_Combo_Mount_p/mfx-3n1-tomtom.htm

But it looks kind of big. I think I may just order the TomTom kit, now that its available for the US.

Disks haven't arrived yet. I hope everyone keeps posting pics of their mounting solutions! Always looking for new ideas. :)

Ask a Question