TomTom One vent mount

I think installing it on the top edge of the dash board would work as well in regard to letting the speaker has an opening. I like to keep it where it is difficult for others to see it though:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a great place. Going out later and seeing if mine works out well there. Thanks for the pics!

Here are some images from a TomTom Spanish Forum. I give credit to them and I'm just linking pictures.

sopor6.jpg

3m5.jpg

oorte1.jpg

oorte2.jpg

x33.jpg

x31.jpg

x32.jpg

wow looks like velcro piece should work for me. i have a place for it on my console so i'll try it tommorow. any suggestions as to what velcro to get?

2nd edition of the mount that sells in Europe should also work, it has the second piece needed to clip the tomtom one to the vent mount. thats actually the piece that is missing from USA version of it. and its weird why its available in Europe and not in USA. go figure :)

Pedro, those are nice mounts from the spanish forum. do they have DYI instructions?

thanks

Alex

I got the velcro from OfficeMax. I am sure you can get them from Office Depot, or Home Depot also. I got the "Industry Strength" one and cut them based on my need.

Yep, any local hardware store should have it. Lowes or Home Depot or even Wal-Mart. :)

Pictures of my Velcro attached TT1

Velcro on TomTom One:
74011468.jpg

Velcro on dash:
74011465.jpg

Attached TT1:
74011467.jpg

I must say that it is more secured than the suction mount.

Wow, nice!

since I like to play "guess that car"

Can I say it looks like a Toyota?

Pedro, those are nice mounts from the spanish forum. do they have DYI instructions?

thanks

Alex
Alex, they don't have any instructions. They are just a collection from TT users on how they mount their unit.

I only linked the ONE images for there are the other models as well.

No word from Jorg regarding the mount from Arat?

Alex, they don't have any instructions. They are just a collection from TT users on how they mount their unit.

I only linked the ONE images for there are the other models as well.

No word from Jorg regarding the mount from Arat?

Tried to call them yesterday but nobody answered.
Will try again today!

Was on the phone with them now.

All they said was that all the cars they support are listed on the web. Hmmmmm.....
And that Ford 500 (I guess its an American model) they haven't even heard of and said, No, it won't fit.

They also said that they do not send their products to the US.

Sorry for the bad news, :(

And that Ford 500 (I guess its an American model) they haven't even heard of and said, No, it won't fit.

They also said that they do not send their products to the US.

Sorry for the bad news, :(
Thanks for the update. The 500 is a new model for Ford.

It's exaclty like the Mercury Montego too...

Oh well. Thanks for trying!

We're getting another 500 so I'll hold off for now. Did anyone see that Ford is giving away garmin Nuvii 660's with any purchase of a car? I'll sell it on ebay and buy me another ONE :D :D

Ebay alternative mounting kit from Technology R us (UK)

Well .... this appears to me to be the exact same kit that is on the TOMTOM UK accessories webpage. Not sure why Pedro thought it wouldn't work.

You can get it now from these people or wait till TT US decides to market it here. Shipping is reasonable too. [if I were a betting man my guess is that TT USA will market it for 29.95USD and shipping/handling will be ~9.95USD] so $37.96 shipped now vs. (projected) $39.90 later. Hmmm....

Compare it for yourself:

http://www.tomtom.com/products/acce...205&Product=234&AccessoryCategory=5&Category=

http://cgi.ebay.com/TomTom-Alternat...6348983QQihZ005QQcategoryZ75447QQcmdZViewItem

I'm going to try one from the eBay guy. I'll let you all know how it goes.

it will not work with tomtom new edition. there is 6th piece missing from the kit. its the mounting kit for the tomtom new edition. so you will have a vent mount, but you won't be able to attach it to the GPS

Alex

Ask a Question