TomTom One vent mount

hey,

i'm trying to track down the TomTom one alternative mount kit that is available in Europe. i don't like using suction cup mount, i tried using it today and it fell of twice in my car :). i went to UK site and its listed there, yet not available on USA site. Is there a reason why tomtom doesn't sell it in USA? does anybody know where to get one? is it possible for somebody from UK to order it and ship it to USA, i would of course cover all charges.

thanks

Alex

Hey,

I had the falling mount problem before but I had a "Eureka!" moment that solved everything so don't give up yet til you try this.

When you mount the suction on the window, stick it then PUSH on the STEM inwards towards the window. Doing so gets a really solid mount (heck, if you tried to remove it even using the nipple, it's tough).

Beforehad, I wasn't doing that and my ONE would keep falling to the dashboard when the suction gave way.

Now I know that you must push on the stem of the mount to get a secure suction.

There is a really nice airvent mount for the ONE but apparently only availble in Germany? Pedro has been emailing them I think? I have too.... no replies for me yet, and their website is in all German so it's hard to tell which product is actaully for the ONE. I'll look through my stuff and see if I can find the website again. Sorry it's not in this post. But here's another site:
http://www.proclipusa.com/default.asp

wow. talk about fast replies. thanks guys. that german mount looks very very good. i also was looking at pro clip usa, problem is i have an acura tsx and there is no vent mount for it. so when i saw that tomtom one vent mount was available i wanted to get it. does anybody know if this is being released in USA?

Nextourer - thanks for suggestion, problem is even if i mount it, its hard to reach it while driving, unless i mount it next to my mirror, which is too high.

would someone be willing to order a kit from tomtom UK site and ship it to New York City?

thanks

alex

Regarding the mounts from Arart, I was just contacted by a shop from Germany, Mobilplus. They also sell on ebay. They are willing to ship to the US using DHL. The shipping costs are pretty high - $51.63.
The car mount makes it a problem with compatibility. i was reseaching some more and the car mount for Smart Baujahr: ab 98. You can see what I mean here. The mount looks like it can be attach either to a dashboard disk or something else .

wow. talk about fast replies. thanks guys. that german mount looks very very good. i also was looking at pro clip usa, problem is i have an acura tsx and there is no vent mount for it. so when i saw that tomtom one vent mount was available i wanted to get it. does anybody know if this is being released in USA?

Nextourer - thanks for suggestion, problem is even if i mount it, its hard to reach it while driving, unless i mount it next to my mirror, which is too high.

would someone be willing to order a kit from tomtom UK site and ship it to New York City?

thanks

alex
ahh ok. But your TSX windshield is steeper than mine haha. It's ok, I understand. I'd like the vent mount too but like you, couldn't find it on TomTom's homepage for US/Canada.

Thanks Pedro,

$50 shipping is a bit steep. i looked at the PDF and it doesn't look like its a simple vent mount, but rather something that needs to be installed. for that price i might as well go for proclip mount.

I got a reply from one of the ebay sellers in UK and he said that tomtom is changing a deisgn of the vent mount and they don't have a launch date for it yet.

i found a simpler solution but there is one slight problem. why did tomtom put charging cable on the bottom of the device :). i was going to attach 2 industrial velcro stirps to the buttom of the unit and just clip it to the dash board, but because of the power cable i can't attach it to velcro and charge it at the same time :). anybody know of flat usb cables? :)

I don't think it will for the new ONE but for the older one. Unless you attach Proclip's new ONE mount to that.

I think that one is 'in addition to' the car kit you can get direct from TomTom...

I'm still waiting to hear back from that German place... THAT ONE I LIKE!

I live in the UK but Im actually german. So if you guys send me a link to the german mount then Ill try to give them a call on Monday. Not sure if it helps but maybe worth a try.

Battom, if you would like the mount from Arat, I have the contact info for a distributor who can sell it to us, but they charge around $50 for shipping.

I just found an alternative for my mount. I've seen others do the same on the net. Just trying searching.

I live in the UK but Im actually german. So if you guys send me a link to the german mount then Ill try to give them a call on Monday. Not sure if it helps but maybe worth a try.
you know... for the life of me I can't find my email to them, or the link I had for the website. Altza.de or something like that?

No worries. :)

here's the email: (e-mail address removed) which they won't answer lol

ARAT GmbH
Hauptstra?e 75
D-33758 SH-Stukenbrock

Telefon: 05207-89 52-52
Telefax: 05207-89 52-68
Freefax: 08000-89 52 68

Thanks, I think I deleted it from my sent items over a month ago seeing how I never heard back... Oh well. Let's see what Jorg an dig up!

Ask a Question