TomTom One v2 Reboots After Power Down

Hello all,

My TomTom One v2 Reboots After Power Down. It seems to be in a loop. I power it down, and as soon as the screen goes black, the TomTom logo re-appears, and it boots back up again.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

With or without the charger plugged in, it does the same thing. I shut it down, and right after it powers off, it immediately reboots.

Are you holding down the power button long?

When shutting it off, turn press it.

Turning it on requires holding the button down.

Yes, I tried a reset. And, yes, I am properly turning the unit ON and OFF.

It was working fine, and suddenly started doing this today.

I now believe I have a defective SD Card. It is an Edge 2GB ProShot 130x. It is taking forever to copy over a backup I have on my hard drive.

Possible solution

This may sound dumb but it worked for me.

I just upgraded to the 2gb card and the N/A only maps. I also figured i'd play around and install my own startup and suspend screens.

Since I have done that, my one will do exactly as you describe. Startup after it shuts down. I noticed that it seemed like it stayed on the suspend screen for considerably longer than normal. I deleted my custom screens and the unit now shuts down normally. I have no idea why this worked nor could attempt to offer an explanation. Perhaps one of the mods has heard of this before?

I just upgraded my new maps to a new 2GB card and all works well except it will not shut down - it keeps rebooting. I have looked and looked in these forums and the advice so far does not work for my situation. Can ANYONE help? FAT32 formatted; standard splash and suspend bmp's installed. This was a clean install to the new card.

I fixed it: reformatted the card FAT32 again; loaded the operating system, then the NA map, voices and satellite. Problem reappeared. So I reloaded the Operating system and all is fixed.

Ask a Question