TomTom ONE V2 - can't swap SD card map?

Hi there

I have a 12-month-old TomTom ONE V2 UK & Northern Ireland edition.

I will be visiting France next week so purchased a 1GB SD card with the map of Western Europe v6.75 from eBay. Maybe a bad move but the guy has 100% feedback.

Anyway, the SD card arrived yesterday so I put it in the machine. It boots up (drumbeats and TomTom logo), then comes up with the white splash screen with the picture of the unit and a yellow bar that fills up at the bottom...then it just comes up with the "TomTom" logo on a blank screen, and hangs there.

Can't turn it off with the button, so I've let it drain the battery, plugged it back in to charge, swapped back to my original card, and it boots up OK.

I've tried a quick search on the forum...sure someone else may have had this issue. Any ideas?

Many thanks
Richard

Hi there

I have a 12-month-old TomTom ONE V2 UK & Northern Ireland edition.

I will be visiting France next week so purchased a 1GB SD card with the map of Western Europe v6.75 from eBay. Maybe a bad move but the guy has 100% feedback.

Anyway, the SD card arrived yesterday so I put it in the machine. It boots up (drumbeats and TomTom logo), then comes up with the white splash screen with the picture of the unit and a yellow bar that fills up at the bottom...then it just comes up with the "TomTom" logo on a blank screen, and hangs there.

Can't turn it off with the button, so I've let it drain the battery, plugged it back in to charge, swapped back to my original card, and it boots up OK.

I've tried a quick search on the forum...sure someone else may have had this issue. Any ideas?

Many thanks
Richard

Well, your model requires the map AND operating system to be in the same location, internal or sd card. Can you look at the contents of the card using Explorer and see what's there? If it appears that the o/s is there, try a pin reset on your unit with the new card installed.

dhn, after trying a pin reset I am now able to connect the TomTom to my computer via the USB...doing so brings up TomTom Home. The screen on the device shows the graphic of the TomTom connected to the USB cable.

When I did that, it upgraded a number of items on the new SD card.

Looking at the contents of my device through TomTom Home, I have:

- 1 application (TomTom application for ONE)
- 1 map (Western Europe)
- 3 POI's
- 7 voices

Total capacity 968.3MB, 21.3MB free.

Looking at the SD card through Explorer (which I can only now do with the TomTom connected as I don't have a separate card reader on my machine) I can see 6 folders (named "ttntools", "Western_Europe", "zip", "gl", "program" and "voices"), plus several individual files (system, ttn and ttsystem files, install.bif, a number of data0x.vif and a number of data0x.chk).

Oddly, if I try to "Operate my ONE" through TomTom Home, it will come up with "An Error Has Occurred" and tells me I have chosen to cancel, even though I haven't...

If I remove the USB once I have closed down TomTom Home, it:

- removes the cable from the graphic on the screen
- the yellow bar at the bottom fills up
- it goes back to the new TomTom logo
- then I get a white screen with an hourglass and "Please wait" in 5 languages on it.

After that it just seems to hang.

Any further help greatly appreciated...it seems to me we're a bit further on but not quite there yet?!

TomTom One V2 - clarification

As a follow up to this issue , can this particular unit function without an sd card ? since the unit appears to have an internal memory is it possible to see what is in the memory and if so can the memory be cleared in order to start from scratch ? When I try to operate the unit without a card it will not function . The unit under show version indicates 29 MB Ram (6.3 MB free) . I assume that this is the internal memory . Thanks .

Don't think it can. I just took the SD card while in TomTom Home and it asked me to reconnect the device when I went to "Show Contents".

Ask a Question