Tomtom one using USB 3.0

TomTom Model(s)
GO 520
I have just bought a new laptop, which has USB 3.0. when I tried to download map, application and GPS updates for my wifes TT 1, whilst the download started and communications between PC and TomTom were good, it failed after several hours,:eek: after many attempts I decided to plug it into my old laptop with USB 2.0 and everything loaded within 35 mins. :)

Would this mean TomTom need to look at there software so it will be compatible for USB 3.0 speeds?

Forgot to say it was the Cline.data file which seemed to fail all the time.

Any comments would be welcome
Thanks

Was the laptop on a wireless connection? If so, that was probably more of the problem than a usb 3.0 issue.

Was the laptop on a wireless connection? If so, that was probably more of the problem than a usb 3.0 issue.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes both laptops were wireless, I discounted the problem was with wireless as it worked fine with the older laptop, so only difference was USB speed.

I have seen (and experienced myself) reports of usb 3.0 issues with older devices. It would not surprise me in the least if the TomTom device might be one of those ..........

I have seen (and experienced myself) reports of usb 3.0 issues with older devices. It would not surprise me in the least if the TomTom device might be one of those ..........

Thanks again for your input, In your opinion, and within a reasonable time frame, could TT issue an "upgrade" software to resolve it?

If it is the case, I highly doubt something like that is on their radar, to be honest.

Ask a Question