TomTom One touchscreen sensitivity

Hello all,

Just picked up a TomTom One(v4) today. I'm curious about the touchscreen and want to make sure mine isn't defective. It seems like you have to press a bit on the screen to make it recognize the touch if you use a fingertip. It responds better using a fingernail. It this how they all behave? It just seems rather unsensitive, but I'm used to my Treo screen.

Thanks!

Thats exactly what I do, is use my fingernail. It repsonds a lot better rather than just use your finger tip.

Don't worry, your TT1 isn't defective.

DF is correct. I also assume the same comparing it to my 910. You have to use the finger nail. You will get use to it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the responses. I really didn't want to have to take it back. I tried a 510 as well and its touchscreen just felt a lot more responsive.

Also, you guys use screen protectors? If so, does it cause it to be even less responsive?

I don't know, my finger seems to work just fine (I have no nails, at least not long enough ones). Although I assume like everything else I do, i hit it harder than the average person would.

It's not nearly as sensitive as my Sony PDA and my fat fingers have a hard time on the small keypad especially when moving......... I know, I know....input destination before I start driving....but I'm in a hurry!!!!!

I recently purchased my father a TT One V4 for father's day. When getting it set up for him, I noticed his touch screen isn't nearly as sensitive as the one on my TT One V2.

It may be that the V4 screens are from a different source.

They both work fine, but if you're used to the more sensitive screen, the new screen feels less responsive.

Ask a Question