TomTom One Third Mnu question

hello, I just purchased the tomtom oneThird edition so I could use it for work, to plan a route among several different houses in different towns using the itinerary, my co-workers have older versions that have this feature. However the version I got (a newer one from my co-workers), as you may know does not have this.

After I figured out how to add the itinerary to my version, (it works great) by adding a SDKRegistry, I lost the ability to turn off the help screens. After fixing that, (added a third "main Menu" screen). Things were going great.. It seems that I am starting to figure this thing out.

Now what I want to do is to edit the preferences screens, and add one or two features to it, and create a 6th screen to put them on. However I know from experiance that I cant just add one more, if I add one thing to the sdkregistry preferances screen, I will loose everything that I currently have, (which I would like to keep).

I want to know if anyof you know how to copy the basic mnu (the one that came with the unit,(there was no sdk folder). as I am unable to find it in the G:/tomtom file location on my computer.

Or if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to recreate the menu that I currently have.

in my preferences menus I have: PAGE1 Use night colors, Show POI on map, Safty preferences, Guided tours, Turn off sound, PAGE2 Volume preferences, Manage Favorites, TomTom Safty Cameras, Change Voice, Warn when near POI, PAGE3 Turn on 2D display, Status bar preferences, Change Home location, Manage maps, Planning pregerences, PAGE4 Change language, SET OWNER, Operate left-handed, Brightness preferences, Change map colors, PAGE5 Set units, Set clock, Keyboard preferences, Compass preferences, Reset factory settings. I just want to move the entire third main menu (the one I created) to a preferences page.

One last question is the Black TomTom image that you see when you plug it into your computer, I want to change that image, However I did a search on the tomtom directory for *.* and set the browser to "view as thumbnails" it is not there?? I know it does not DL it from the computer its burried somewhere in a file perhaps a html file? Does anyone know where to find this image?

Last edited:
Well, you're certainly deep into this for a newbee!

I can't help you with what you want as all I ever did was create a new main page - no changes to the Preferences section. But I just wanted to warn you, in case you didn't know, DO NOT upgrade to firmware version 8, as it will remove the itinerary feature from your 3rd Edition.

hello, I just purchased the tomtom oneThird edition so I could use it for work, to plan a route among several different houses in different towns using the itinerary, my co-workers have older versions that have this feature. However the version I got (a newer one from my co-workers), as you may know does not have this.
I'll try to tackle these, as I have a ONE 3rd & do a Lot of menu customization.

After I figured out how to add the itinerary to my version, (it works great) by adding a SDKRegistry, I lost the ability to turn off the help screens. After fixing that, (added a third "main Menu" screen). Things were going great.. It seems that I am starting to figure this thing out.
One caution, if/when you upgrade to NavCore8, you'll lose (may have already lost) your Itinerary's functionality. TomTom broke it for ONE's with that "upgrade." :mad: It works under NavCore7, tho.

Now what I want to do is to edit the preferences screens, and add one or two features to it, and create a 6th screen to put them on. However I know from experiance that I cant just add one more, if I add one thing to the sdkregistry preferances screen, I will loose everything that I currently have, (which I would like to keep).
So far, it sounds af you've been adding applications to the SDKRegistry folder to extend your Main Menu pages. You can add up to nine applications this way, with their icons appearing (more or less) in the order added. There is an application called, Extended Menu, which I haven't tried, that extends this number to 18.

To add icons to the Preferences Menu, you will need to start customizing your menus. If you haven't already, you should go here: http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/Custom_menu.html & read BirdMan's excellent write-up on Customizing TomTom Menus. (It's part of his larger site on customizing ONE's, in general: http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/TomTom_custom.html)

Note that you'll lose some menu icons, once you start using custom menus. So, you'll probably want to add an application called, MenuTT, which lets you switch back & forth between your Custom & the Default Menu.

I want to know if anyof you know how to copy the basic mnu (the one that came with the unit,(there was no sdk folder). as I am unable to find it in the G:/tomtom file location on my computer.
There is no way to copy the basic default menu. It's hardcoded into the unit & includes commands, unavailable through the SDK. You can create a custom menu which includes ~90% of its icons, tho.

Or if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to recreate the menu that I currently have.

in my preferences menus I have: PAGE1 Use night colors, Show POI on map, Safty preferences, Guided tours, Turn off sound, PAGE2 Volume preferences, Manage Favorites, TomTom Safty Cameras, Change Voice, Warn when near POI, PAGE3 Turn on 2D display, Status bar preferences, Change Home location, Manage maps, Planning pregerences, PAGE4 Change language, SET OWNER, Operate left-handed, Brightness preferences, Change map colors, PAGE5 Set units, Set clock, Keyboard preferences, Compass preferences, Reset factory settings. I just want to move the entire third main menu (the one I created) to a preferences page.

One last question is the Black TomTom image that you see when you plug it into your computer, I want to change that image, However I did a search on the tomtom directory for *.* and set the browser to "view as thumbnails" it is not there?? I know it does not DL it from the computer its burried somewhere in a file perhaps a html file? Does anyone know where to find this image?
See this thread on 3.5" Startup Images in the forum. It contains many images & the formats needed. You'll need to replace the splash.bmp file in your ONE's root directory (or maybe it's splashw.bmp can't remember exactly, they're named differently across different models...). You can also replace the Suspend.bmp (or Stop.bmp) & Antitheft.bmp to change your shutdown images.

R?

Last edited:

Ask a Question