TomTom One New Edition and MapShare...

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd Edition
Hey guys.

I'm not sure, but I think the map version I am using is 7.162; at least that what it says in the bottom right corner of my screen when I tap it, but when I go to another screen, it shows "Map: 'USA_and_Canada' v665.1293" so is that why I cannot use MapShare, because I need to upgrade to 7.10?

Thanks!

7.162 is the firmware version, not the map version. And you must have at least map v6.75 for Mapshare to work.

If you unit is less than 30 days old, you should be eligible for a free map upgrade.

Oooh okay, thanks for clearing that up! So if I was to upgrade to at least 6.75 then I can use MapShare on the One v2? Sadly, I tried using the latest map guarantee in Home but it said I already had the most recent maps.

would we buy them and put them on a sd card? then we could switch back and forth between maps if we had to? how much are the maps?

doesnt seem to bad, wonder if should buy the version 7.10 maps or if something new will come out in the next few months or so....

Well, TomTom say they release new maps four times per year (which could mean every quarter or at random times) so it's hard to say when the next release will be, as I think 7.10 was just released not too long ago. The thing that makes me want to get the new maps now is to be able to take advantage of MapShare, which we can't do at the moment with the 6.65 maps.

i just downloaded version 710 and its not up to date at all,its the same as the 6.75 it replaced,we got a new road to well over aa year ago{close to 2}and its still not on the 710,i map corected it when i first got my tt and its still not on there,but on a good note,i fooled around with a few garmins and a magelan today{boxing day}at the store and they didnt show it iether.im upset i used my free map upgrade for the v710 from 6.75.maybe it updated some stuff in bigger cities but it didnt update in my area.the guy at the store i was at said they only update maps every 3 years{major updates}:eek:

Nevermind, I figured out how to get around it using the UK site, and I now have 7.10 on my One 2nd Edition. :) Their site doesn't seem to be too smart when verifying adresses. :p

Ask a Question