TomTom One IQ Routes wont work

TomTom Model(s)
One iq routes
Hi

I have had this device for about 2 years now but for some reason it wont turn on. It turned itself off mid journey when i turned the ignition off to get some petrol.

I have tried the reset method of hold the button for 15-20 seconds and i have also ensured it was fully charged before doing this.

I am not stuck as what to do next in order to get it up and running again, any suggestions please?

Thanks

Do you happen to have a mains charger you can use for the unit and see if it turns on then?

It was plugged into the car charger while in use and i have also had it plugged in via USB and charging.

A green light on the unit doesn't necessarily indicate charging, just power going to the unit.

Anyway, when you say it won't turn on, are you saying it won't boot up at all (screen remains black, no sounds) or that it won't complete the boot process to the normal driving screen?

When you connect it to the computer, the unit is recognized as an external drive, right?

No the computer isnt recognising it either. The screen stays black and does nothing when trying to turn on.

You may be faced with the decision of getting the unit repaired at a satnav repair shop or buying a new unit.

Try holding the power button again for 30 seconds or so. And try charging it via the computer overnight. I don't know what else to suggest.

I left it on charge all night and still no joy (mains charging). Triued reset aswell, still nothing. What do you recommend? a new unit or repair? Could i end up paying as much for a repair as i would for the existing model new?

At a guess the car charger feedback wire has broken and sent 12V in to the unit, this fries one of the diodes inside the TomTom and they don't power up after this, but you do get the green LED lit, it is fixable IF it's only the diode thats blown, if the overvolt condition lasted for more than a few milli-seconds then most of the chips within the unit will be fried - Mike

Ask a Question