TomTom One gives wrong directions

My girlfriend's TomTom One was dropped a while ago, and while it still works she said it was quirky.
We updated the software in April, and now it seems even worse.

On a 50 mile trip for example, it wanted to take us via the regular roads and we took the highway instead. It still insisted on telling us that we needed to go back to where it wanted us to turn off, even when we were almost at our destination. Only when we reset it did it correctly tell us how to get there.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

My thoughts are that the software and maps are on the SD card, so if the hardware appears to work ok, then it might be a software issue, but I am far from being a TomTom expert.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to how to determine what might be wrong.
We checked all the setup options (that we could find) and are pretty sure it's set up correctly.

Oh - in case this makes a difference, I put the card into my laptop to upgrade the software, rather than plug the TomTom into the laptop. I assume this doesn't make a difference...

I was just wondering if I did the upgrade to the ONE XL incorrectly.

Rather than plug the TomTom into the USB port, I took the SD card out and used that on the laptop. I registered on TomTom and downloaded the updates to the software and map of the UK, then put the card back into the TomTom.

Is there anything else I needed to do?

Thanks

If you used HOME to update the SD card (and HOME recognized it), then you should be OK.

What application version and map version do you currently have? Can you be more specific on some of the quirks you've seen? Is it just bad directions?

Ask a Question