TomTom one (from eBay, no maps!)

TomTom Model(s)
TOMTOM ONE NEW EDITION
Hi,

How do I go about finding what maps there was on a Tom tom one I just purchased from ebay. He said he was using western Europe maps. Also I have the device code but no activation code, how to go about getting the activation code back. Is it stored on the unit anywhere. I would appreciate any help. I forgot to add that I got no SD card with this, so basically I put in another to boot it up.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:
You need the application and map to be on the sd card, not a sdhc card. 2GB maximum.

How do I go about doing that, when there is no SD card for the device. I haven't inserted a SDHC in there as I already no they do not work with tom Toms. All I have done so far is put in a one SD card from my other tom tom one but basically its writing this to the drive so I,m lost. Can I connect without SD card to home or insert a blank SD card.

Thanks

Kevin

If you don't already have an SD card with a map, and if there's no map on internal memory (depends upon which ONE you got from eBay) you'll have to purchase a map in order to get anything useful out of this unit.

Meanwhile, installing a blank SD (you are correct, NOT SDHC) card and letting Home and do its magic (it will suggest an 'update' of the 'application' when it discovers the app is missing) will get the unit running.

You can't move a map from your other unit to finish the job, though. Again, if there wasn't one with it, you'd have to buy another.

Here's the scoop on memory for some of the early ONE models ...

ONE starting with serial G = 1GB internal, no SD slot
starting with Z1 = 1GB internal, no SD slot
starting with Z2 = 512MB internal?, has SD slot
starting with E1, E2, E3 = No internal memory, requires all on SD
starting with Y1, Y2, Y5, V7, V8 = 1GB internal, no SD slot
starting with Y3, Y4 = 512 internal, no SD slot

Ask a Question