Tomtom One freezing, I need it ASAP :(

Hi,

I would appreciate some help with my tomtom one! It is freezing at the splash screen, and not responding to the power button, etc. It works when plugged in, but the HOME application sucks and is having difficulty connecting to the internet sometimes, etc. So I called tech support, downloaded the new version, deleted everything from my tomtom but the "splash" and "antitheft" .bmp, then I installed the update. It didn't work. So I did it again, but this time installing the old software. Didn't work. Someone please help, I would appreciate it a lot. I am trying to get around DC, and am totally lost every time I get into my car. I've been relying on my tomtom, and it broke down.

Thank you!

Someone please help. I'm having problems, and work long hours, but I would appreciate assistance. Tomtom support has not been helpful.

Ben

Someone please help. I'm having problems, and work long hours, but I would appreciate assistance. Tomtom support has not been helpful.

Ben

Hey Ben

What did TT suggest to you? Have you tried a system restore and/or a reset from the pinhole?

Did you erase your maps and everything else but the two files from your device ? It would not work at all with no maps.

In any case, if you have a backup, I would try restoring it from there. That should put in back to an operating state before you started having problems (unless you have a hardware issue).

I had that issue about a year ago. I deleted the whole mem, format the sd card, if your usin a ver2. And then downloaded all new stuff. using the backup for some reason did not help. I had to download all new.
Ever since then all has been good!

Ask a Question