Tomtom One - failure to connect for updates

I have a Tomtom One from 2007, which I havent connected to the laptop for a long time.

When connecting it, I cannot get updates because of the 'FAILURE' with the below error message. Anyone having experienced something similar and have advice for what to do?

ERROR: FileError/CreateDirError/2147500037: FileError:
Performing directory creation on \\cc-dc-01\homefolders\krishamm\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download
Severity: 1105
-
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.create]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/logic/fileUtils.js :: ensureDirExists :: line 86" data: no]
Stack:
0. function ensureDirExists chrome://tthome/content/logic/fileUtils.js:89
throw new CreateDirError(e, dir);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:61
ensureDirExists(downloadItemsDir);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:112
return this.downloadItemsDirs[1];
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttNavItem.js:569
gApplication.settings.downloadTempItemsDir;
4. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/installSelectSome/installSelectSome.js:862
return serveritem.download(progressCallback, extendedSuccessCallback, extendedErrorCallback);
5. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:80
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
6. function _startCommitFunction chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1057
{
7. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1021
}
8. function onPageChange chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:681
]]></body>
9. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:467
}

CAUSE: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.create]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/logic/fileUtils.js :: ensureDirExists :: line 86" data: no]
in chrome://tthome/content/logic/fileUtils.js:86
Stack:
0. function ensureDirExists chrome://tthome/content/logic/fileUtils.js:86
dir.create(CI.nsIFile.DIRECTORY_TYPE, 0775);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:61
ensureDirExists(downloadItemsDir);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/settings.js:112
return this.downloadItemsDirs[1];
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttNavItem.js:569
gApplication.settings.downloadTempItemsDir;
4. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/installSelectSome/installSelectSome.js:862
return serveritem.download(progressCallback, extendedSuccessCallback, extendedErrorCallback);
5. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:80
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
6. function _startCommitFunction chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1057
{
7. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1021
}
8. function onPageChange chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:681
]]></body>
9. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:467
}

Time: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 17:14:05 GMT

Offhand, it appears that Home is trying to create a directory on your PC that it is unable to create. In particular, it seems to need to re-create the download directory on your PC. I'm a bit bothered by the space in the "download" folder shown here

krishamm\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Down load

but that may not be relevant.

Please check to see if there is some sort of PC issue. What PC and OS are you running? What version of HOME are you running?

Is there already a download folder shown in the path location noted above?

Thanks.

I have changed laptop since I last did a backup, so I used the installation CD to install the Home programme and it offered me to install the latest version from online.

After installing it and accepting the suggested location for the folders, I connected Tomtom and got the error message you have already seen.

I have tried to run updates of the software or see if there are automatic fixes to it, but it doesnt allow me to.

Should I re-install but to a new location? If so, where should I save it?

Forgot to say - I use Windows 7
Are you using the 32-bit version of Windows 7 or the 64-bit version?

I have seen several references on the web to problems running HOME in 64-bit Windows 7. Personally, I have run HOME in Windows 7 without problems, but I am using the 32-bit version on a netbook.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question