Tomtom One - Doesn't like U-Turns

Just got a tomtom one new edition.

To get to my house from the freeway exit, I drive on Pennsylvania Ave Northbound and have to make a U-Turn southbound and then take a first right to get to my street.

With Tomtom, using "Fastest Route", instead of telling me to make that u-turn, it tells me to 1) Go Straight (past my u-turn point) 2) Make a right, 3) Make another right, 4) Make another right and then 5) take a left back onto Pennsylvania Ave southbound and then 6) take a Right onto my street.

Why won't it just tell me to make the u-turn instead of making me go about a mile extra and making me take all those right turns? Thing is, even if I missed the point where I could make a u-turn, there is another intersection a quarter mile away where I can still make another u-turn.

Here is my info:
USA Device A**** ****S
App 7.120
GPS v1.21 Boot 5.0500
Map USA and Canada v665.1293

Any ideas?

Why won't it just tell me to make the u-turn instead of making me go about a mile extra and making me take all those right turns? Thing is, even if I missed the point where I could make a u-turn, there is another intersection a quarter mile away where I can still make another u-turn.

Any ideas?

ironically i did a mini test yesterday where i did shortest instead of fastest and it told me to make a u-turn instead of going around the block too. presumably it assumes it's easier to make legal turns instead of try to force a u-turn.

as the warning says when you choose shortest route now, that safety is a concern.

Ask a Question