TomTom ONE Customization Page of Goodies!

Birdman, thanks for the site -- that's a lot of handy tips in one place!

Here's a few extra things I've done to squeeze all the functionality I can out of my TT ONE 3rd Edition. Once it's tweaked a little, it's a great value for the price.
  • Create a temporary custom TomTom.mnu that includes the following:
    • MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_TIPS| -- allows you to turn off the popup tips.
    • MENUITEM|TASK_SET_NAME_DISPLAY| -- allows you to display house numbers before street names.
    • Once these are set, you can delete them from your menu, but the settings will be retained. If there's another way to set these options, I haven't been able to find it.
  • Use a more permanent custom menu which adds, among a few other items, these features:
    • MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY| -- allows you to design a trip with multiple waypoints, or design offline and import itinerary files using great utilities like Tyre. Much easier than trying to fat-finger a route in the car!
    • MENUITEM|MAINTAIN_POI| -- unlocks the ability to add/edit/delete your own POI categories.
    • MENUITEM|TASK_DOC_BROWSER| -- unlocks a utility that allows you to store and view TXT and HTML files saved in the \text directory. Handy for contact lists, etc. while you travel.
A couple footnotes:
  • As has been noted elsewhere in the forums, using your own custom menu loses the Map Share and Help Me icons. I used the "Show report button" in the Correction Preferences to turn on the Map Share icon before I created my custom menu. Then you can still mark locations on your route to be corrected later, even though the "Map corrections" button is gone.
  • I have a 3-screen custom menu that works well for my needs. If anyone's interested, say the word and I'd be glad to paste it into a reply. Maybe it could save you from "reinventing the wheel," or at least give you a good starting point for your own personal menu.
Happy tweaking!:D

I actually cover those on the customizing menu page of my tweaks :D

I spent some time adding a page to my already good list of goodies :)

This one walks through using T.Y.R.E. and Google Maps to add a waypoint itinerary to your TomTom:
TYRE Walk Through

Ask a Question