TomTom ONE Bluetooth WORKS With TMobile BlackBerry Pearl

TomTom Model(s)
ONE V2/4?
O.K. I know I've read a lot about this on the internet with the TomTom ONE and BlackBerry Pearl (8100) not working together over Bluetooth. Tonight, after modifying my OS on my Pearl to an Italian version and then using the freely published connection strings and settings, I'm able to get the Weather, Traffic (haven't tried anything else) to work successfully on my TomTom ONE.

Basically:

1. Get and install TIM OS 4.2.1.66 for your BlackBerry Pearl. It was released in Italy.
2. You can either wait forever for the BlackBerry to start up when it's finished updating the firmware (a blog said he waited 40 minutes) or do what I did and pull the battery out (I've done this for the 4.2.1.107 official upgrade from TMobile and just now with 4.2.1.66 Italian version without any problems.
3. On your BlackBerry go to Options->Advanced Options->TCP and set the APN to wap.voicestream.com and blank out any ID or Password. Save.
4. On your BlackBerry go to Bluetooth and try to discover the ONE. It might fail. Honestly I'm not sure what order you have to do what when devices are discovering each other but the main reason you want to try this on your BlackBerry is that you just want the BlueTooth radio on on your BlackBerry.
4. Turn on your ONE and try to use the PLUS services. It will tell you that it's not set up.
5. Pair your ONE to your BlackBerry. When the BlackBerry discovers the ONE then at some point you'll have to type in 4 zero's so the 2 devices can talk to each other. A popup might come up on the BlackBerry asking you if you want to let the ONE use the data connection. Say yes and check the option for it to not ask you again.
6. Set up the ONE to manually (don't select Tmobile I, II, III, or IV) connect to your TMobile account by using the following:
APN = wap.voicestream.com
ID= blank
Password = blank
Dial = *99***#
Connection String (case sensitive I think) = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"

Your ONE will now magically show you other options and stuff. Try downloading the weather for your HOME or other POI to check it out.

ENJOY!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

pairing up the BB Pearl 8100 with TomTom One for traffic data always worked. what doesn't work is using TomTom One as a Bluetooth GPS for Pearl 8100 to run GPS capable Google Maps on the phone. anyone got any ideas?

D

I have tomtom one and pearl 8100 and have already burned so many hours trying to get data
connectivity to use plus services.

Did you delete vendor.xml ? also, did you make any TCP changes in the BB ? Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a TTone and a 7100i BB any suggestions to get mine to work together? the 7100i isnt on the list

pairing up the BB Pearl 8100 with TomTom One for traffic data always worked. what doesn't work is using TomTom One as a Bluetooth GPS for Pearl 8100 to run GPS capable Google Maps on the phone. anyone got any ideas?
D

Nope guy, it does not work, it is very hard to get the data connection working at all with the 8100. From my understanding after about 8 hours of working on this you must have BB firmware 4.2.1.66, no higher or lower version will work

8100 and tomtom one

This works with OS 4.2.1.66 and after manually configuring the TT like mentioned above. After sweating for 5 days and getting this fixed, I am wondering if it was worth it because the only feature that is useful is weather. All other features are useless or require additional charges or are disabled for this model (e.g. making / receiving calls). Tomtom one sucks.

I have try everything you told me but maybe im doing something wrong this is what i have in my 8100
V4.5.0.124 (Platform 2.7.0.920)

My TomTom is app ver 8.302 map ver 825.2157 can anyone help please:confused:

This works with OS 4.2.1.66 and after manually configuring the TT like mentioned above. After sweating for 5 days and getting this fixed, I am wondering if it was worth it because the only feature that is useful is weather. All other features are useless or require additional charges or are disabled for this model (e.g. making / receiving calls). Tomtom one sucks.

I love the bluetooth connectivity for live traffic. Works very well around here, and I've just re-subscribed for another year after my first year's traffic service ended recently.

I'm not aware of another small, cheap PND that offers the mix of features and customization and expansion that my ancient old TomTom One 2nd Edition provides. Can you? :) :)

after hour of trying finaly i got my phone wireless data working downloaded trafic work finally
great jobs guys bravo:D

I have repaired my 8120 with BB app version 4.3XXx through several versions of 4.5 xx with no problems. Also, 4.5xxxx opens up a number of new features on you Pearls, so it is worth taking the plunge.

I think it has been easier to pair with the newer BB versions, but generally have had to use manual settings. Make sure you reset up the APN on the Blackberry if you upgrade the BB app - it will wipe it off when you do so. And make sure you set the BB to be "discoverable" again also.

I believe there may an issue with the latest TomTom app 8.302 however, - check the posts on that. It may not let you use manual settings on the TT with that app. version

Ask a Question