TomTom One Bluetooth help.

Hey guys, I have been searching the forum for over an hour now and i still haven't found a solution. I hope you guys can help!

I am trying to connect my tomtom via my usb bluetooth dongle and i haven't had any success with it.

My Bluetooth manager can detect the tomtom and when i try to "Trust" the tomtom it asks me to enter in the passkey so i put in "0000" with out the quotes and it still says it is unable to trust the device. I had tested it out with my cell phone and i can connect to my pc using my cell phone.

This is the funny part... When i use my cell phone to search for and detect the tomtom it finds the tomtom and when i try to pair it asks me for the passkey again so i put in 0000 and still nothing.

When i use my tomtom to "Mange phones" it actually sees and discovers my phone when i try to pair them it i have to go onto my cell phone and type in the passkey and it works like a charm.

When i use my tomtom to "Mange phones" to search for my PC it dosen't show up in the list unless i set my Bluetooth manager to "Palm Computer". It then says would you like to connect to "PC name" i select yes and it tells me that "Thre required features could not be found for this phone"..

I am truly stumped, I figure if anything i must pair the device's using the PC Bluetooth Manager so is there anyway to change tomtom's default passkey or am i doing anything wrong?.. Please let me know.

Thanks.

i tried this also with my mac, same result, even with built in BT

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the TT can only connect to devices like Phones, the sole functionality on Bluetooth is for Plus services data receiving in real time,

So be careful of what mobile phone plan you are on..Data via Mobiles costs a lot more in America than it does in Europe

i think your correct tt1 blue tooth is for plus services only.

with weather being the only free service you can use.

Well all i really want to do is be able to use tomtom with netstumbler or any other gps app's.

This guide shows how to use the bluetooth virtual serial device
http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/bluetooth.php?lang=uk

I have done everything he says to do i even got my pc to connect and note that the tomtom has serial ports however when something tries to access the com port that the bluetooth is using a pop up comes up asking me for a passkey for the tomtom, when i put in 0000 it says cannot match keys.

I'm not to failure with this but i do know there are instances where using no password works. maybe this is one of those.

Ask a Question